Chapter 40

STILL MARK'S POV

We walked onto campus and headed toward the cafeteria. Claire said she had to take care of something and I know from experience not to question her when she is in this mood.

We passed by a few girls on the way who tried to say hi to me but Claire just shot them a look and turned away.

"Can you tell me why your rushing so much?" I asked, matching her pace

"I'll tell you once we get there"

I just sighed and kept following her.

We got there and she stopped walking when's he saw that kids were starting to leave the lunch area.

"Shit," she mumbled

"What's going on?" I asked standing in front of her so she couldn't start running again.

She started to explain everything about Britney and Chase and how they were supposed to talk to each other during lunch.

"So, your upset because you couldn't listen in on someone's conversation?" I asked scratching my head

"Great job! You want a cookie?!" She yelled in an annoyed tone.

I just rolled my eyes.

"We should get to class now, they're going to be wondering why the tour took so long"

TIME SKIP

We walked into class and it had already started. We went to two empty seats in the back of the class.

"Ms. Garcia, what took so long?" Our teacher asked

"We kept getting lost because Mark thought he knew his way around the neighborhood" she lied. If I didn't know what really happened I would've totally been fooled.

"That's why you don't let two new kids alone on campus" I heard someone say. I turned my head to my right and saw Britney sitting right next to me.

She gave a little wave and smiled.
Claire just sighed and pulled out her notebook.

The lesson went on like normal but Claire looked like she was in another world.

"Claire?" The teacher asked.

"Hm?"

"Can you tell the the answer to (hard math equation)?"

"It's (answer to question)."

"I guess you were paying attention. On with the lesson then."

I just looked at her and smiled. She really is something isn't she,

A/N: I haven't written for a few days but I know have a pretty sick bed and a lot more space since it's a loft.