Chapter 42

MARK'S POV

"When is it?" I asked the guys

"I'm not sure but you should get your date quickly before all the hot girls are taken." One of the guys laughed

"I'm personally aiming for Claire if you know what I mean. Like, have you seen her?" One of the guys asked which snapped me back into reality.

"Oh dude, she seems like the dude who would play hard to get. You'd really need to try to get that one" another guy laughed.

I was quite the whole time they talked about the girl I liked.

"Wait, Mark, aren't you like really close with her?" He asked

"Kinda,"

"Think you can mention good things about me?"

"Sure I g-"

"Mark!" I heard Claire yell from behind me. "Let's go, the bell already rang,"

"Oh, ok" I waved goodbye to the group of boys as she pulled me outside.

CLAY'S POV

I walked into the house at around 2:00 because Luke wanted to take a walk around the neighborhood. He said that he was new in town and is staying with his sister who already had a house.

I went to sit on the couch when I froze. I was supposed to bring Claire food!

It was too late to do it now. Lunch is probably over and she might be in her last class.

I ran into the kitchen and started to cook an omelet. She could probably eat something big when she got home so I should make something nice. I grabbed some mozzarella and spinach from the freezer and put it on the pan. I flipped the omelet in half so everything was inside.

I grabbed a big plate from the cabinet and put the omelet on top.

I made some fried rice and placed it in a separate bowl. I made sure to make a lot of everything because I supposed Mark was going to eat too.

While I was cooking, I burnt myself with hot oil so I went to put a bandaid on it which took up a lot of my time.

I finished everything and put out plates and utensils. I turned the stove off the changed clothes because I got food on them.

It was almost time for their school day to be over so I cleaned up and waited  for them to get back.

A/N: I won't be posting a chapter until Friday afternoon because I have a lot of summer hw to get done. Have a good rest of your day but if your reading this at night, GO. TO. BED. Please and thank you! 😁😁😁😁😁😁