Chapter 53

CLAIRE'S POV

"Hurry up we're going to be late!" Clay yelled from downstairs.

I was still in my bathroom drying my hair when he said that. I was really behind schedule because someone decided not to wake me up.

I ran thank into my room when I was done and grabbed the outfit I had put out the day beforehand.

"Good enough,"

I ran downstairs with my duffel bag in hand.

"Woah!" I said as I tripped on the last step.

I heard laughing and turned my head. Mark was sitting on the couch laughing at the fact I just fell.

"Shut it," I said straightening myself as I picked up the bag.

"Wait, don't you already have a suitcase outside?" He asked when he stopped laughing.

I blushed. "I just need a lot of stuff, ok?" I said I a quiet voice.

He smiled. "Ok, just don't expect me to carry all your stuff when we get to the airport."

I rolled my eyes and went outside to put my bags in the pile. Clay was outside waiting for our uber to get here. I said thirty minutes but he insisted on waiting outside.

"What now?" I asked standing next to him

"Go inside and eat something. I don't know is we'll eat anything before we get on the plane. Because airport food is so goddamn expensive." He said

I chuckled and walked back inside. Mark was still in the same spot and on his phone. I walked into the kitchen and heated up a big bowl of spaghetti for the three of us.

While that was heating up I filled up patches food machine thingy and replaced his water dispenser. The microwave beeped and I grabbed it whilst burning my hands in the process.

I grabbed three bowls and filled it with spaghetti.

MARK'S POV

I walked into the kitchen after Claire called and said that she made spaghetti. I sat down in front of her as she handed me a bowl.

"You exited to see everyone?" She asked

"Yeah it would be good to be able to hang out with everyone again." I said smiling

She started eating and so did I. After a good ten minutes we were both full and washed our dishes.

I looked at her a giggled. She had a stain on her face.

"Hey uh, you got a little something on your face." I said

"Hm." She went to go wipe it but missed completely.

I smiled. "May I?"

She nodded and I moved closer to her. I used my thumb to wipe off tomato sauce that was right under her lip.

She was blushing. I looked up at her and our eyes met. Her breathing sped up and I could feel her heartbeat. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever until I inched closer to her face. I looked down at her lips and back.

"Hey you guys need to-" Clay started as he walked into the room. We moved away from each other and turned towards him. "Just so you know, if you guys are going to make out, save it until we get to the UK. Now let's go we need to get these in time."

We put on our shoes and headed out the door.

A/N: I have been stalling so much because I don't want to write the plane scene yet. I am also sorry that I haven't posted in a while I'm really trying my best. I'm sleep deprived so I'm going to sleep now.