Epilogue

Hwasang's point of view

Oh it's bad in here, I'm fighting for my life.

When the doctors said I was lactose intolerant I thought it was a joke. I've been in here for two hours now, Lord help me.

My mom bangs on the door complaining about me coming over just to "stink up" her bathroom. In my defense I didn't know my stepfather was baking macaroni and cheese, and who in their right mind would deny food made by Kang Yeosang? Not me.

After my war with the toilet I clean up and go meet my mom in the living room. She screw faces me before throwing a pillow at me, I chuckle sitting down next to her.

Me: Grandma called me yesterday, she's having fun on her vacation.
Mom: That women took a vacation from doing nothing. And she calls Jongho and I dramatic.

I laugh.

When school becomes too much I always come home like a little kid to my parents and each time they welcome me with open arms.

One time they went out of town for the day so I barged into my Godmother's house whining. Wonho and Jooheon made me hot chocolate and cookies, Wonnie burst in two hours later yanking me up by my ear to finish my homework.

Being home brings me vivid memories of my childhood, like my mom waiting at the door for me in her robe and a flip flop in her hand saying "why did daylight beat you home?"
Good times, good times.

Or the time Aunt Santana caught Wonnie and I hopping over the gate at like two in the morning when we were sixteen. She was not amused in the slightest.

My childhood was never dull and always surrounded with love from family and extended family. Jennie comes downstairs yawning with print marks all over her face.

Mom: That must've been a hell of a nap.
Jennie: I was so tired.

She curls up in the spot next to my mom resting her head on her shoulder.

Jennie: So what movie did you guys pick out for movie night?
Me: I wanted to watch Harry Potter.
Mom: Me too but your dads are haters and said no.
Jennie: Can we watch twilight?

Mom and I say no at the same time.

Jennie: Why not!
Mom: Because anyone who has the ability to live forever but stays in highschool is weird, hell nah.

The door opens and my dads walk in with the snacks we requested.

Dad: We went to two different stores for this ice cream of yours Cina.
Mom: Love ya!

My stepdad tosses a giant bag of sour patches at me and I smile like a kid. He tosses Jennie some skittles and she looks just as happy as me.

Stepdad: You guys are going to rot your teeth.
Me: Hm? Coming from the man who chews airheads like it's a hobby?
Stepdad: Do as I say not as I do.

Even with my dads being back we still couldn't agree on a movie to watch. So when it doubt, Shrek it out!

__

Wonnie's point of view

My dad has been back from enlistment for a week and the whole house is on cloud nine. One of my favorite pass times is helping my other dad out in the garden.

Jooheon: I take pride in growing my own vegetables, it's like a flex. Where'd you get these juicy tomatoes? My backyard, yes I know hold the applause.

I chuckle.

He tends to the garden more than my mom does, he saids a years ago -before I was even born- in therapy my mom told him to gain a hobby that helps calms his anxiety down and fights the depression. He's been gardening ever since.