045

Wonnie's point of view

Hwasang has been talking for fourth minutes straight, how the fuck isn't his mouth dry?

He woke us all up at three in the morning demanding we go on some spontaneous road trip. We have a small break from school and he said he didn't want to waste a single minute.

So, here I am on a highway to hell.

Chenle and Keeho are in the backseat getting Funyuns all over my floor, while Hwasang talks about absolutely nothing. I'm just happy they're enjoying themselves.

They've worked hard this month, we all have and I'm sure you have to. In a sense you readers have accomplished so much that you refuse to give yourself credit for.

Why?

You're so much more than you're willing to admit. Be more kinder and gentle to yourself, give yourself time to cry and go through the motions. You don't have to be strong all the time and if no one told you, guess what?

I'm proud of you.

Proud of all you are and proud of all of what you can be, and what you will be.

I take a quick exit to go and get gas. It's now five in the morning so its a bit more lighter outside. The guys hop out the car to see if the place has a bathroom, it does but ew.

Gas stations bathrooms are gross.

I grab two cans of coffee and a banana. Hwasang goes straight for the spicy pickles, the clerk saids nothing as she pops her gum flipping through a magazine.

She looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Daniel?"

Now it's time for me to raise an eyebrow.

Me: You know me?
Her: Your monsta-x's kid right?

I shake my head.

Me: Not me, sorry.

She chuckles.

She holds up the magazine and boom. A picture of my parents and I.

Hwasang: Embarrassing.
Me: Shut up.
Her: What're you doing out in a small town like this? Sick of that Seoul air?
Me: Something like that.

She drops the conversation and cashes us out. Keeho and Chenle finally show their faces, and grabs their snacks as well.

Back on the road.

A little after a hour Hwasang and I switch, he drives while I scroll through social media. A message pops up on my phone making me chuckle.

Kihyun🦫: It's not even seven in the morning and your mom is out to ruin everyone's day.

Me: What happened?

Kihyun🦫: She finished the tokyo revengers manga and now she's in a bad mood.

Same mom, same.

Me: So you kidnapped us with no specific destination?
Hwasang: No destination, just vibes. Although I do remember a beach being nearby. My dads use to take me to it when we'd have our guys outing. We'll go there.

It's something about being the only car on the road, windows down feeling the breeze with your best friends. Even if it's just for the moment I'm at peace.

As he said, the beach was like ten minutes away.

There's no one around, just us four. We sit down on the sand just staring at the water. Part of me knows why he wanted to do this.

I go through a lot sometimes being an idol's son and then with my parents being in a polygamous marriage. Pretty taboo in Korea.

Hwasang is in the same boat except his dads our wealthy business owners and his mother is a world renowned surgeon.

Attractive or not people still whisper thinking we don't hear, people still use us just to get close.

Keeho has family trauma he's still healing from with Leedo. His mother is an idol and father is a model, a lot of shit was talked when Leedo went to jail.

And Chenle, he has it just as bad. Never knowing if his parents is going to divorce or not. A constant guessing game isn't fun.

We all needed time to breathe, if only for a moment.

I haven't took a fresh breath like that in a long time.

____

i apologize for the late/shirt chapter but i feel like we all need to take a breath.

with school, jobs, and never knowing what covid is going to do the world has a lot going on. for me it's hard right now but sometimes i need to remember to breathe.

that's the same thing im telling you guys, remember to breathe <3