017

Rosè's point of view

The bell to the diner dings and I turn around to welcome the customer. Rin stands there with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath, she gives me a small wave once she looks up.

Me: Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost.
Rin: U-uh something like that.

I lock up for the day, and make us two french vanilla frappucinos.

Rin: You ran this place for the day?
Me: Yeah, my mom has been working hard so I told her to just stay home and relax. So what's up with you?

Her whole face turns red.

Me: Did you lose your virginity or something?
Rin: Rosè!
Me: What?
Rin: Not exactly. Someone uh, someone confessed to me. They said they love me.

So he finally did it huh? Damn this hurts, I knew he did and I mentally prepared for this day but...

It still hurts.

Me: What did you say?
Rin: I ran. I'm a runner, I'm a trackstar.

Good grief.

Me: Where were you?
Rin: My house.

Who the hell runs from their own house?

Me: You left Wonnie sitting there?
Rin: Yes because.. wait, how'd you know I was talking about him?
Me: It's quite obvious how he feels about you. We've all noticed we were just waiting on you two to notice.

She smiles but it isn't genuine.

Me: Rin, don't feel bad for me.
Rin: But you're my friend!
Me: I am, but it's not your fault how he feels. It's always been you never me.
Rin: Don't you love him?

I sigh, shrugging.

Me: I thought I did. Maybe love wasn't the right word, I don't mind having him as a friend. As long as he's happy that's all that matters. So, how do you feel?

As if I don't already know.

Rin: I think I love him too. What if it doesn't work out though?
Me: It will, and if it doesn't you can always come here and cry into a pastry. I'm rooting for ya' kid.

__

Rin's point of view

I see Wonnie cleaning up the kitchen and feel even worse for leaving him. He turns around and I avoid all eye contact, i hear his small giggle.

Me: You're not mad?
Wonnie: I expected that from you.
Me: I'm sorry.

He shrugs drying off his hands as he finishes the last of the dishes. I stand there awkwardly not knowing what to say. Honestly there's a million things I want to say to this boy but suddenly I forgot how to speak.

He looks so intimidating, but he's a honest to God sweetheart. He'll give you his last if you need it, he's super intelligent, handsome and just overall an ace.

When we were younger I had a small crush on him, puppy love. Then as we got older those feelings never faded. I figured if you're around someone all the time and everyday those feelings will never leave.

However when my mom and I came back from traveling it was as if I never left.

I do love him, more than anything and anyone.

So why can't I say it?

Wonnie: Rin?

I gasp, he's standing right in front of me and I didn't even notice. One of his arms go around my waist pulling me closer.

Wonnie: You don't have to say it, I already know it.

___

grab ya popcorn for the next chapter