055

Hwasang's point of view

The door to my parents' house slams open and Aunt Santana stumbles in looking absolutely distraught. Before my mom can say anything she breaks down into tears again. My eyes widen as Uncle Shownu runs in after her. He sees her and sighs.

Uncle Shownu: It's only a year Santana.

She shakes her head, clearly still upset. My mom bites her bagel still very much confused.

Uncle Shownu: I'm being enlisted.

Now it's my turn to cry. Uncle Shownu is the coolest, when we were younger and blew through our allowance he would always toss Wonnie, Keeho and I a few more hundred.

Yeah we blew it on more manga, shoes and God knows what else but he said he didn't care as long as we were happy. All of the members love Aunt Santana to death, but whenever I see him interact with her my heartstrings really get pulled.

My dad frowns at us all yelling and crying.

Dad: Now, what is this?
Me: U-uncle is g-going to the m-military.

Uncle sighs again.

Uncle Shownu: It's a year.

The door bursts open revealing Wonnie and a crying Keeho.

Keeho: Hyung!

Keeho clings onto Shownu for dear life.

Wonnie: It's only a year guys.
Uncle Shownu: Thank you son.

He hums.

Wonnie: Three hundred and sixty four days, eight thousand seven hundred and six hours, five hundred and twenty five thousand six hundred minutes and...-
Keeho: DON'T LEAVE US!

Now we're all crying except my dad who has his signature disgusted face.

Aunt Santana: What am I suppose to do without you?
Uncle Shownu: You have six other husbands baby.
Aunt Santana: They're not as cool as you! They're mean!

"We heard that."

Uncle Changkyun frowns, as she clings to Uncle Shownu's leg.

Uncle Kihyun: I think I'm pretty cool.
Uncle Hyungwon: Oh you're the least cool.

Uncle Shownu smiles.

Uncle Shownu: I'm going to miss you all too, you're family after all. This year will fly by.

Soft sniffling grab our attention.

Uncle Shownu: Wonnie?

The younger boy shakes his head.

Wonnie: Just be careful and come back.

____

My mom decided to throw a last minute dinner at her house just so everyone can be around each other, Aunt Santana and her family needs some positive united vibes right now. I think the heaviest thing is Uncle Wonho is next.

As if Keeho can ready my mind we hug each other and start crying.

"This isn't like you two."

Uncle Jongho grins playfully, his girlfriend Winter wraps her arm around his.

Me: We're vulnerable.
Uncle Jongho: I see! Don't worry about Shownu he'll be home in no time.

He dry our tears once we see Uncle San crying. We knew he'd be more upset than Aunt Santana herself. He has main character syndrome.

Ariel and her boyfriend BamBam walks in making everyone forget their sadness. It's been a while since we've seen her. She use to beat us up any chance she got, damn menace.

Speaking of menaces Yeonjun has been a mess since the beginning of the dinner. Kai and Wonnie had to calm him down.

Wonnie: He's acting as if he's dead.
Kai: That's your brother.
Wonnie: He was yours first.

I do have to say I enjoy these small occasions where we're all around each other. It makes me feel safe and loved.

___

quick filler bc I MISS SHOWNU DAMNIT