Assemble for the Battle! CH-36

Start from the beginning

Sycamore: The tournament will be a double battle format, two on two. During battle class you all can practice with your partner on perfecting your techniques!

Furthermore, the winners of the tournament are getting a signed qualification from Champion Diantha which gives the two trainers access to compete in the Kalos League!

Also there will be another prize if you win the tournament! If you manage to win, you will face Champion Diantha and Kalos Queen Aria in an exebition battle!

Hearing that, everyone in the stadium cheered even louder. Serena had stars in her eyes, giving her an opportunity to face Aria in a battle.

She looked at Ash, hoping he would team up with her. Ash however was really excited about this tournament. He really wanted another shot at the Kalos League but this time he wanted to win it.

Serena pulled Ash's arm, grabbing his attention.

Ash: Ouch! What was that for Serena!?

Serena: I'm really sorry Ash but Please? Do you want to be my partner for the battle tournament?

Ash started to smile at Serena when she asked him that. He was really happy she wanted him to be her partner during the tournament.

Ash: Ofcourse Serena! I'd love to! And together we're gonna win this!

Hearing this, Serena jumped from her seat, tackling Ash into a hug. In the process she also knocked Gary from his seat which made Shauna laugh.

Serena quickly realized what she'd done and apologized to Gary. She blushed really hard and was really embarrassed as she sat back into her seat.

Shauna: Gary?

Gary: What's up Shauna?

Shauna: Since they are going to be partners for the battle tournament, Will you team up with me?

Gary blushed a bit but immediately replied.

Gary: Ofcourse! Let's win it together and take down Aria and Diantha aswell!

Ash: Not a chance Gary! Because the ones who will take them down will be me and Serena!

Gary: Are you kidding me Ash? You couldn't even beat me if you tried your hardest!

They kept on debating with eachother and Serena and Shauna started giggling, seeing them like that.

Shauna: Sometimes they are such little kids...

Serena: And then to think we both like them aswell!

Shauna: Yeah...

Ash and Gary then quickly turned around facing Shauna and Serena.

Ash & Gary: What did you two just say?

Both Shauna and Serena's faces heated up instantly as they said "No-nothing!"

Luckely for them Ash and Gary bought it as they continued with their debate who was gonna win that tournament.

When the assembly ended, they left the arena. Before Serena could walk away, Calem ran towards her.

Calem: Serena? Can we talk during lunch?

Serena: Oh hi Calem, sure...

Calem: Thanks Serena! See you then! Got to go now.

Serena: Ok, bye...

Serena walked over to Ash and their friends. She had a worried expression on her face which Pikachu noticed.