Chap:4

Aradhana's P.o.v

"He is so handsome! Just like a Hollywood film star!" One of my friend enters my room, complimenting my Future husband who is waiting in the mandap for me.

Dadu fixed my marriage without letting me know. At first I protested but then I realized that whatever they will do is only for my happiness. Dadi said he is a very good guy and will keep me happy and safe. I hope he will!

The final look is ready. Although it is a private wedding,only few of our family members are here but still I got ready like it's a big wedding. I wore a Red sari which is looking so good on me,or else I say I looked so beautiful in this. This is the first time I am wearing a sari.

Dadi came inside my room and her eyes filled with tears when she saw me in my wedding dress. She kissed my forhead and cupped my cheeks.
"Bilkul apni Maa ki tarah dikhrahi hai tu!" She said and let go the tears which she was holding from last few minutes.

"Nai,Mai aapki tarah dikhrahi hu kyuki mai aapke jaisi hu!" I wiped her tears and she giggled, kissing my hand.

"Simran,5 min k baad Arru ko niche leke aana." She ordered one of our maid and left the room giving me her beautiful smile.

I looked myself on the mirror and...she is right. I am looking like the carbon copy of my Mom. I have seen her photos of her wedding days and I exactly look like the same she was looking at that time. I am missing you Mumma! Wish you were here.

It's time to go outside to meet my future husband who is waiting for me in the mandap. I haven't seen me but I can imagine how he is because Dadu keeps talking about him all the time. I got jealous sometimes when Dadu or Dadi talks about someone else infront of me but he is going to be my husband isiliye uske liye sab chalega.

I am walking towards the Mandap where he is. With each step my nervousness and my heart beat is increasing. My friends are wishpering stupid yet funny things on my ears which is making me smiling. I wanted to cover their mouth but...this is what friends are right? Makes up pissed off and angry but still loves you.

I slightly uplifted my head to look at my husband when I found him already looking at me. He is looking at me without even blinking his eyes. Is anything wrong with me? Or my makeup? Or my dress? I touched my hair to see is everything perfect or not. Everything is perfect then why is he looking at me like that? I gulped the lump nervously and sat beside him, giving him a small smile. He is really very handsome.

***

I am standing near the window, holding my mangalsutra on my hand. I am married now. I became someone's wife. I left my home where I born,where I played,Where Dadi and Dadu teaches me alot of things,Where mom used to gave me a cooking classes. I left everything behind. Ye shaadi k baad hamesha ladki ko hi kyu ghar chodna padta hai? Ladke v toh chodsakte hai na?

Pushing all my thoughts aside,I gave a glance to the room I am in. It's really very beautiful. Not like my room but it is beautiful. From Now On this is my room where I will be living with my Husband. I hope he take care of me just like my Dadi said. He will take care of me and I will take care of him. I hope we can became best friends like Dadu and Dadi. They are best friends more than Husband and wife. I will try my best to win his heart,to be a good wife but where is he?

I looked at the watch and it's showing 11:30 PM. It's almost 30 min I am here and still there is no sign of him. He was with me until the Grihaparvesh and then he disappeared. It's our first night,this meant to be special but he is not here. I don't even know his name.

I sat on the bed waiting for him but still there is no sign of him. I have made so many plans for today. I planned to know everything about him,his likes,his dislikes,his fav songs,fav foods etc. And many more things but I think this is not going to happen today. Looks like he got some important works to do after all his is a businessman but atleast he should have informed me about this so that I can sleep without waiting for him.

I sighs and lyed down on bed, looking at the door in a hope that he will come before I got into a deep sleep but he didn't. And I also don't remember when I slept, hugging the pillow.