CHAPTER 43

I hurriedly find my way downstairs. On getting there, I sight him in the kitchen. I run to him.

"How did I fall asleep last night?" I ask curiously.

"Like a normal person," he says, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks..." I take it.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

He rests his hip on the counter, facing me.
"Because I find it inappropriate," he says.

I open my mouth unsure of what to say.

"Oh." That is my only response. And he smiles.

I sip from the coffee, just to get my eyes off him.

I'm glad I spent the night with him, even if I didn't plan to cause my mom would be...

"Oh my God," I exclaim as I drop the mug on the counter.

"What it is?" He asks.

I bring out my phone from my pockets. I turn it on and see three missed calls and one text from Gina. We are supposed to meet with doctor Griffin by 9 am, but it's already a minute passed 10.

"I have to go," I say quickly, walking away.

"Go where?" He asks.

I pause and turn around to him.
I don't understand what he means by that. First of all, this is not my house. And secondly, he shouldn't think he has the right to ask me that.

"Oh, um sorry...not my business." He looks down.

"No, it's okay." I pad closer to him.
"Actually you deserve to know." I tap my finger on the counter, finding it difficult to talk to him about the pregnancy.

"My mom set a meeting with a doctor...to terminate the pregnancy," I add.

He looks at me with wide eyes and his mouth parts.

He scoffs.
"You are going through with it?"

"What...do you mean?" I ask, totally confused.

"I thought we were okay."

"What are you trying to —"

"Don't do it, please." He cuts me off as he steps closer.

I scoff and look away.
"You are crazy."

"Are you still mad at me?" His voice is small.

"This has nothing to do with me being mad at you,"  I say in a loud voice.

"Then why do you want to do it?"

"Because I can't keep a baby."

"But you can."

"Why should I?" I ask with open arms.
"Give me one good reason why I should keep it, Morgan," I say, then I scoff and look away.

"That's not even your real name," I mutter.

Why does it still hurt even after he apologized.

"I'm sorry that you are hurting, I really am. But Sam I have nobody, no family, no one. How can I not want this baby? Look around Sam, I'm alone, and I don't know if I can manage it. I came here to have people around me, but I lost the one person that had always been. Do you even know how it feels knowing that you are all alone in this forsaking world? It feels like pins sticking in and out of your body, endlessly.  So I'm begging you..." He puts his palms together as tears drop from his eyes.

"Don't do it." He adds.

I feel sorry for him, I really am, but I can't keep a baby. It's part of my impossible.