CHAPTER 38.

When I get in, I see Rhonda lying on a hospital bed, rolling her hair bow with her fingers. She's of course still wearing a sad face.

I hit the door close. Just to get her attention. But she don't blink.

I pad to her and see that the straw has been removed and the cut has been stitched.

"Hey boo," I say, playfully.

"Is Brian here yet?" She asks, still playing with her bow.

I tightened my lips. How I'm I going to cheer her up? I do like kids but I am not a good babysitter, guess that's why Andre still hates me. He was the first kid I ever babysat. I was only fourteen, and he was six. I let him chug a whole gallon of milk, and he spent the whole week with a running stomach.

I mean, it's not my fault that I gave him what he wanted. At least at that moment, he was happy, which made it a lot easier for me.

"You are unfair." I fold my arms.

She looks at me with wide eyes.
"What?" She asks, confused.

"Yeah," I say.

"Not even once have you asked about molly. I thought you love her..." I add and pout.

She chuckles.
"And I thought you hate pets."

"Yeah, but when I saw the love you and molly share, I was going to get one for myself. But you've just betrayed the region of pets." I point a finger at her.

She chuckles again.
"That face doesn't suit you."

"Really?" I touch my face.

"Mm mm," she nods.

I smile and sit on the chair next to her.

"I'm sorry by the way." Her voice is small, and her eyes trail down.

Oh, not again.

"Stop it." I hold her hand.
"It's okay."

"Thanks. It has only been me and Brian. we weren't in the best place. So a man offered us everything I wanted. A house, a life, I get to go to school, make friends. Don't have to eat out of Trashcans, and we no longer get to sleep on the street as bugs meal. He did it for me, and I'm sorry for being selfish, I'm sorry that the bad Man hurt you. It's my fault." She cries.

And at this time I just can't hold mine. It streams on my face.

"It's okay. Nor of this is your fault. And I'm not hurt, okay? I'm very okay. When you are going to be at fault is if you don't get better, then I'll be hurt. Do you want to hurt me?"

She shakes her head.

"Okey, don't." I wipe her tears.

I already take Rhonda as my little sister, and I care so much about her. And right now, I just want her to be okay.

IN THE PAST THREE DAYS I've been in the hospital with Rhonda, I spend every second with her. I read stories to her, play with her, and even teases her on certain occasions.

My mom keeps telling me to take a break, that the nurses will take care of her. But I don't think they'll do a good job.

She's happy with me, and she stops asking after Morgan all the time, but that's also because she's expecting him soon, which is tomorrow.
Gina informed me about Morgan's trial being tomorrow, and I'm going to testify to the grand jury. This means Morgan's freedom is in my hands now. I never laid a complaint or pressed charges, this is all Gina and James.

One very thing Rhonda enjoys is rough plays. Can you believe she uses me as her donkey? Like seriously, she gets on my back and I crawl around the room over and over again.