CHAPTER 34.

He's seated on a wooden shelf that is rested on the wall, adjacent to a door which I think is the exit, the exit of the nightmare I'm in.
He's leaned forward. His legs are off the ground and his fingers are locked together resting on his lap.

It looks real, he looks real.

I shut my eyes and let out a deep breath.

"This isn't real, this isn't real," I keep repeating to myself. That's what Tami suggested I do whenever I think I'm seeing him.

Opening my eyes, I see him smirking. It's a devilish smirk that only reveals his handsomeness, it's the only resemblance Xavier has of him. round face, brown eyes, amazing cheekbone, muscular shoulders, and wonderful biceps. Walter doesn't deserve any of those.

"You so much amuse me." He laughs, even the sound of his laugh is croaky. Did he sallow a frog by any chance?

I'm glad Xavier only got the nice thing about him, cause his heart is as black as coal and strong as a rock.

I still believe I'm dreaming until he jumps down to the ground. My heart skips again.

He shoves his hands inside the pockets of his gray hoodie and ambles toward me. Then I remember Morgan saying he's still alive.

As he gets closer, my heart starts to pound, and the ache in my head increases.

He looks different. His hair is shaved-skinned, and his short beards are mixed gray, also he's a little skinny.

I bite the inside of my mouth, and I taste the blood splitting from it.

This is real.
I panic, and I clutch the wooden handle. I want to get away from him as fast as I can, but my legs are equally tied to the chair.

He stands in front of me, and I taste my tears rolling down my mouth.
I don't know how I start tearing but I know I'm deadly scared.

"Oh dear," he coos as he squats to my level. I'm too scared to look at him.

"Let me get that for you." He wipes my tears gently with a tissue.
"There, you are all good now."

I slowly raise my eyes, and when it hits him, I shudder.

His eyes are brown but scary, cause it has anger burning right through it.

He chuckles and falls his butt on the bed. He crosses his legs.

"What happened...h-how?" I ask with a shaky voice.

He smirks.
"The strength of love kept me."

Hearing him mention love kicks my fright from the top replacing it with confusion.

I crease my brows.

There's no way he's capable of loving anyone, I bet he doesn't even love himself.

"Well apparently, there's someone who loves you as much as I do that he was willing to undergo plastic surgery so he can get closer to you and show you how much he adores you."

I just look at him quietly because I now understand his idea of love means hate.

"So that wasn't you?" Weirdly, I've gotten my voice back.

He grins.
"No, it wasn't. Too bad you and your folks couldn't get rid of me."

I frown.
"I -"

"No need for explanations..." He holds up his palm.

I wasn't going to explain. I was going to say how happy I was when he died or thought he died.

He stands up and walks to the cabinet.
"I was proud of Xavier, I didn't think he had the balls. He acted more like his father," he says pouring himself a glass of champagne.