CHAPTER 22.

"Why was he here anyway? I think he wanted to see me."

"Not a chance. He's the commissioner of police," I tell her, and see her smiles, hopes, and joy extinguishes.

"What do you mean by commissioner of police?" She asks practically.

"I feel like he has eyes on us."

"Brian, you are beginning to scare me. We have never encountered the police and you say, commissioner? We need to leave." She sounds paranoid, pacing Around the living room.

"No. We aren't done yet. If we leave it's a greater risk."

"So we just stay, and let him figure out who we are?" She asks, pacing and shaking.

"Can you put your act together? No one is figuring out anything this is what he wants, to shake us and see if we are hiding something."

Christian breathes in, "so what do we do? Kill him?"

I look at her with wide eyes. She's pretty evil.

"No!" I tell her.

Rhonda shouts my name from her room, and I go to her.  She's standing in the doorway, Molly in her arms.

"What?" I ask.

"It's molly, he wants to play in your room."

I scowl at her.
"Keep that animal away from my room," I tell her, pointing at molly.

Rhonda gasps.
"Animal? You didn't just call my best friend an animal." she scowls at me. And drops molly on the floor. She pads towards me.

Her look terrifies me. I draw backward.

"Molly...isn't an animal. Why...why would I call a beautiful, whitish, furry girl an animal? I say still moving back, but she keeps on coming.

"Okey, that's it." I run, and she chases me. I run around the house but she is so determined to get me. I run to my room as I'm about to close the door, she stops me as she pushes it open.

"You are so going down." She dives on me, and I fall to the floor.

"Take it back!" She shouts, bouncing on my belly, and I growl on each bounce.
"Take. It. Back!"

"Okey, she's not an animal." My voice is croaky.

"Say it out loud."

"She not an animal!" I shout, and she stands up.

"That serves you right."

I hold my Tommy, unable to get up. My phone buzzes and Rhonda gets it for me.

I open the notification.
"Fuck," I say, Sotto Voce. Still lying on the floor.

"I heard that," Rhonda says.
I drag myself up and run my hands through my hair as I sink onto my desk.

"This is bad," I say quietly.

"What is?" Rhonda asks with frights.

"It's nothing," I lie.

"I know that face, it's the worried face, and the 'something has gone wrong' face. Is it the police? Are you caught?"

"No Rhonda, I'm not caught. It's just Sammy and Tracy, they fought, and it's because of me."

"Yeah, it is. Sammy was really angry with you, I didn't know she will be angry —not that angry. But it's a good thing."

I raise my brows. "What?"

"I mean, girls are fighting over you, and I don't like Sam being friends with Tracy. So it's a good thing."

"No, it's not. Sam is really hurt by this."