CHAPTER 21.

And this answers my question.

It might be the same kiss I knew about, but it isn't —Rhonda wasn't there.

It's like an angry wind lifts me from the ground – and stones me back down, so hard, that every joint of my body hurts.

I try to disguise my gloom, as I manage to say, "um...I don't wanna be late for school."
"Get well," I say as I peek at her hair and stand up.

"Bye," Rhonda says, having no idea how her revelation hit me.

I try not to meet Morgan's eyes as I quickly walk out of the room.

I finally find myself at the door.
As I hold the knob, his hands wrap around mine.

"Sam," he calls, and I turn to him.

"Morgan please, I don't want to hear anything," I keep my voice calm as possible.

"No, no, you...you don't understand, she was all over me..."

"Okay, okay. Can I go now?" I stop him from further explanations.

"No, no. Not until I make you believe that it is you, It's you I love, and not Tracy." He sounds frantic, as his grip becomes tighter.
"You wanted me to go out for dinner with her —"

"You are putting this on me?!" I snap.
And as he  tries to speak, "I told you to  go out for dinner with her, not kiss her!" I shut him up, as I fling my hand from his grips.

"Sam."

"God, I feel so stupid. It has always been Tracy, from the very start, it has always been her," now I'm unable to be calm, releasing my anger at him.

"Sammy, stop talking nonsense, I love you."

"But I don't – I don't love you Morgan, that's the truth. I don't even know what that word means! I just want you close, and I don't want you to share your affection for anyone else, and that is selfish of me. But Tracy...she loves you, so go to her! Be with her! Kiss her as much as you want! I no longer care," I gush out, and watch him burn to my words.

He reels backward.

As I open the door to leave, I sight Rhonda on the stairs. Her face is dull.
I walk outside and slam the door behind me.
I get inside my car and quickly starts the engine, I drive off.

It's nice being around him, I feel okay when I'm with him. Was I too harsh?  too loud? Did I overreact? God! I do care, I care a lot. It was for the best — being with him is a betrayal to Tracy, and I don't want him to think we have a chance together. It's not like we are that serious anyways.

I get to school.
Miss Huston continues 'the importance of being earnest, by wild Oscar. Everybody is wearing a laughing face, but I am not. If I don't love him, why does it hurt?

After class, me, Tracy and Lucian, go to the school cafeteria. We place our Tray of food on the table. We look around and all eyes are on us.

"Why are they staring at us like that? It's not like we killed Walter." Tracy hisses.

"We know who did. To make matters worst, we were there," I say.

"They don't know that–and they look at us like, like that. Then what if they know?" Tracy asks.

"We won't be here to witness their reaction, because we'd be in prison," Lucian says, eating his hamburger.

"For what exactly?" Tracy asks.

"For withholding the truth," Veronica says holding her lunch tray —as she tries to sit with us, but Tracy stops her.

"What are you doing?" Tracy asks her. "Don't think because of all these things going on with Xavier, we are back to being friends."