CHAPTER 41.

I open my eyes and see myself lying on the couch in the living room, covered with a duvet. I slouchingly sit up, I feel a slight ache on my head, plus I feel so weak like a laborer.

I stand up and head to the kitchen for a hot cup of tea.

On getting there, I see my mom pouring hot water from the kettle into her mug.

"You're awake," she says, as she puts down the kettle on the counter.

"Yeah," I say weakly, taking a seat.

"How are you feeling?" She asks, stirring her tea.

"Weak," I reply.

"Here." She stretches the cup of tea towards me.

"Thanks."
Exactly what I need. I sip from it.

She brings out another cup and pours coffee into it.

"You are aware that Rhonda is having her surgery today right?" She pours milk into the cup and puts in three cubs of sugar.

"Yap," I reply, with my head down stirring my tea.

"You gonna go see her?" She takes a seat and stirs her tea.

"Yap." Still stirring.

"You do realize he's going to be there right?"

"Yap." I just keep my head down, stirring my tea vaguely.

I don't want to see him, not after my emotional display last night.

"Okey. I arranged a meeting with doctor Griffin for the pregnancy termination. It's tomorrow." she says, simply.

I raise my head, looking at her.
She says it so easily like it's not a big deal. I thought she'll be mad, and disappointed.

"You aren't angry?" I ask her as she sips from her coffee.

She drops down her cup.
"No. We all make mistakes."

I scoff and look down.
"I made a huge one," I say.

"Stop beating yourself up..." She stands up and pours the remains of her tea down the sink.

"So, I'll be on my way..." She picks up her bag that's close to me on the counter.

"I'll see you at the hospital." She kisses me on my hair and heads out.

"And I'll see him at the hospital," I mumble.

After my tea, I head to my room. As I catch my reflection in the mirror, I cringe, then pad closer to it.

My eyes are barely white, and reddish bags have swollen under them.

I can't let him see me like this.

I do my daily routines. I spend about an hour covering the outburst of my pains with makeup. When I'm done, I head to the hospital. All through the drive, I keep gazing at the rare view, making sure my damage is perfectly hidden.

I get to the hospital. As I get to Rhonda's room, I see Morgan standing close to Rhonda who is lying motionless on the bed.

I don't mind Morgan, as my concern focus on Rhonda.
She looks weak and pale. Just one day of my absence, things have gone this bad.

"Is Sam coming?" She asks with a wan voice.

Morgan looks at me, his expression down.

I go closer to her.
"I'm here." I stroke her hair.

Her weak eyes scan my face for a few seconds, then she gives a wan smile.

"Nice look," She manages to say.