Chapter Eighteen

Alara opens her window and holds up her rifle facing toward the cars that are chasing after us

Alara opens her window and holds up her rifle facing toward the cars that are chasing after us. she starts shooting not taking a break.

A few of the cars stop at a halt as the bullets hit their cars.
she turns to look at me and smiles stay plastered on our faces. A car runs in on us on my side as I try to swerve to the other side. Alara leans forward opening my window and when she does her strong scent fills my sences.
she opens my window and uses two pistols to puncture the car's tires. as she backs away she looks up at me with a smile our faces are inches away and my nose nudges hers. A car bumps into us from behind and my lips press onto hers though its brief heat rushes through me before she pulls away totally affected by it too. she jumps in the back seat grabbing more guns before handing me one. I press my foot on the gas and balance the steering wheel before leaning out the window as both I and Alara start shooting the cars behind us until there are no more.

"whooo that was fucking amazing" Alara exclaims throwing her hands in the air as I chuckle.
I suddenly hit the brakes as a car stopped in front of us. Three men come out of it holding up guns up to their faces as they walk up to us.
Alara and I both look at each other and nod getting out of the vehicle holding our weapons close but not noticeable.

"Alexander blade we should've known" the front one speaks his voice throaty and dry he holds up his gun about to fire at me but before he could his gun is shot out of his hand by Alara two men charge for her but I hold up my shotguns and aim for both their heads Alara runs up to the other guy wrapping her legs around his making him attach to the floor, she forces her elbow on the side of his neck making him croak in pain.
"and who the fuck are you?" he growls

"Alara fucking Dola," she says with a grin
his eyes go wide before her hand's press on his neck and snap it to the side as he falls dead on the floor.

she stands up and wraps her arms around me,
"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much Alex" she's full of joy and jumps up at me in the cold air. I press my hands on her waist and she's pressed against me she looks up at me with her bright blue eyes and her plump lips and at this moment reality doesn't exist.
I hesitantly bend my neck our lips grazing each other before I press down my cold lips touching her warm ones, her lips part, and my tongue darts into her mouth exploring every inch of it. our tongues collide causing a groan to escape from the back of my throat and a whimper from hers.
shes going to be my brother's wife
The reality enters my mind. I can't do this as much as I want it to and as much as she does we can't and we both know it. we pull away leaving us both breathless. We both avoid each other's eye contact as guilt floats in the air.

"We can't," we both say at the same time as we look at each other silence breaks out once again and we both get back in the car without one word escaping from either one of us. 

+++

The car ride is entirely silent not one of us making any sound. I pull up in front of our villa and step out, heading inside with Alara behind.
as soon as the doors open I'm greeted by my father looking furious and my brother looking exhausted.
"what the hell were you thinking" my father roars, lifting off his seat and grabbing me by my collar
"going after Delany Antonio, are you out of your fucking mind" his breath full of the scent of whiskey.
he inches closer his face only inches away from mine. this is normal, I'm used to it.
first, come the taunts and growls then comes the physical abuse.
I wait for his fist to collide with my face but instead, he's pushed off me and Alara is in front of me
" relax it wasn't alexanders idea it was mine" My fathers face churns in anguish
"yours?" he snarls
"Yeah, what are you going to do about it" she shrugs
"know your place girl you're going to be a blades wife"
"yet I'm still a Dolas daughter and know my place very well," she says firmly holding her head high as my fathers face grows more in disgust and I'm guilty to admit I felt so proud of Alara as she stood her ground in front of my father. 
"do you know who you're talking to?" he spits
"of course I do, I know more about all three of you than you probably know yourself so might I remind you again who you're talking to" with that, a growl rips from my father's throat and he charges toward Alara
In alarm, I go to grab Alara out the way but she surprises me yet again by getting a hold of a blade from her thigh strap and holding it firmly against my father's neck making him still in fright.
" I guess I do have to remind you that I'm Alara Elizabeth Dola"
"and that I could have people kill you and bury you somewhere no one can find you for the next ten years so watch your next move Kean" she hisses moving her blade downwards so fast it rips the pocket off of my father's suit. A few foils drop to the floor along with the scrap of fabric that made a pocket on the jacket.

Alara tilts her head looking down and scrunches her nose,
"arent you too old for those," she remarks stepping on the foil with her heels as she walks up the stairs and disappears.

My father growls
" She better start learning respect before I-" my father starts before I cut him off with my own snarl

" Before what?" I step closer towards him
"you'll hurt her? like you did to my mother?" I look down at my father with a glare
"as you did to the women who brought you your child" his eyebrows furrow deeper in anger but he doesn't say a word
"She was a slut"
"like you did to Astrella" I growl deeper ignoring him
"I ain't did nothing to that bitch she fucked her own life " my father spits the sentence before my hand grabs his throat with the anger that's rushing inside me.
god, I wish I could kill this man right here right now.
"alexander" Alonso comes closer trying to break me away from the man I hate to call my father.
My grip holds tighter on his rumpled neck.
" you took them both away" I grit
"you hurt both of them with no regret, I'll be damned if you touch her I swear on my dead mother I will kill you the second you go near her" I snarl the fear on my father's face is hidden but I know its there
"Why? is it not like she's going to be your wife?"

I don't have an answer.
I let go of my grip and back away.

"Stronzo dall'inferno" I mutter before tucking my hands in the pockets of my dress pants "there's not an any better word that can describe you" I finish before storming upstairs.