Chapter Ten

Did I say something wrong?It's been 3 weeks and every time I come across Alexander he avoids me or finds an excuse to leave

It's been 3 weeks and every time I come across Alexander he avoids me or finds an excuse to leave.

I shouldn't care but I do.

I'm supposed to marry his brother I shouldn't be so worried about him. But he's all I can think about.

I want to know why he was hurting. I want to know why my room is so important to him. When I walked into the room the scent of florals filled my nostrils and the closet along with the vanity were filled with female clothing and jewelry. I want to know who's room it was. And what happened to her. Who was she to Alexander...

Sister...

Girlfriend...

Wife?

it's not rare to be married young in the mafia so it's possible.

My feet hang off the balcony as the cold soft wind blows through my hair and makes me wrap my arms around my chest.

I take a deep breath and stare out at the view. Sometimes I wonder why I ended up here. I was always lucky for having an understanding father in the mafia. Who would probably stop this marriage if I wasn't happy but I don't care? As much as I want to I don't. I always dreamt of my soulmate being somewhere out there. My mother wanted me to have this big wedding where I would walk down the aisle and see my whole world on the other side of it. My mother always told me how love is the most important thing in the world and that no one could live without it. She gave me hope, expectations that never came true and now I don't care. I just don't.

A knock on the door takes all my attention now. Something in me hopes it's, Alexander, behind it.

I really hope it is.

I wrap my hand around the door nob and sigh before twisting it.

My heart flutters as I see the tall strong man standing in the door frame. Instead of his head down it's up facing towards me this time. He leans against the door frame and holds his arm behind his neck.

"Can I spend some time in here" his voice had a treamore in it and it felt so odd hearing it from him.

Though I know he just wants to spend some time in the room it feels like he wants to spend time with me.

I weakly smile and open the door he walks in and looks around the room. When i realize I'm fuckign smile i drop it and look back at the room. I didn't really change much in it though.

He walks over to the balcony and sits down. I just stare at him from behind seeing his tall figure. That still seems very tall even after he's seated.

He looks at me over his shoulder and creases his eyebrows.

Did he realize I was staring at him?

"Are you gonna join me or gonna stay standing there" he creases his eyebrows