Chapter Five

I close my eyes and sigh as sleep overtakes me, Today seeing Alara made me feel comfort i haven't been able to feel in a while

It reminded me of the women in my life that actually made me happy and it confused the shit out of me. 

"Was she pretty" Astrella leaned on the kitchen island while Alonso and I sat at the kitchen table.

Great I started dreaming about Astrella again the day repeating in my head though not giving me comfort as my mothers did. The day my mother died I felt proud that my mother died happy trusting me, trusting that I would keep her promise.

But remembering Astrella just reminded me of what a failure I was.
That my mother shouldn't have kept faith in me.

"Who" Alonso spoke not looking up from his newspaper

"My mother" Astrella sang walking over to stand at the end of the table

"You should remember you were seven when she died" Alonso looked at her creasing his eyebrows

"No not mama, she was gorgeous! But I'm talking about my mother the one who gave birth to me, mama said you two saw her the day she brought me" Astrella continued

"Not this nonsense again" Alonso rolled his eyes going back to his paper

Ever since Astrella turned sixteen she would always find a chance to ask about her mother, though Alonso and I never answered her and she wasn't brave enough to ask father.

" Oh come on tell me please, how did she look? Did she look like me? Did she say she would come back to get me? She wouldn't leave me with papa if she knew what kind of man he was" she started her questions again sitting next to me, as I didn't move my gaze from my cup of coffee settled in front of me.

"Fine," Alonso sighed as my head jolted up at his and a smile spread on Astrellas face.

He wouldn't tell her we couldn't tell her that we watched our father drown the life out of her mother.

"your mother was a bear named Goldie locks and said she couldn't raise you so she left you at our door and returned to the wilderness" Alonso said seriously then started to chuckle looking at our faces

I rolled my eyes and looked back at my coffee as Astrella scowls at him and turns to me.

Placing her fingers under my chin turning my gaze at hers.

"Big brother I know you'll tell me!, please tell me gregre fratilio did she say she would come back " she pouts still not able to say big brother in Italian but her bright grey eyes piercing through me reminding me of the women I watched die. The same eyes lose color as my father chocked the life out of her. every time I saw Astrella it reminded me of the women I watched die. I stand up from my chair removing her touch under my chin and start walking towards the door.