Rematch against the Cerulean Gym Leader! CH-33

Start from the beginning

Ash: Use that steamcloud to get in close and use slash!

Croconaw ran into the steamcloud, he closed in on Gyarados to strike as his claws glowed white.

Misty: wait a little bit longer... Now use hyper beam!

When Croconaw was around 5 meters away, Gyarados fired off a orange beam which hit Croconaw point blank and fired him into the air. As it smacked into the ground, it had swirls in it's eyes.

Don George: Croconaw is unable to battle, Gyarados wins. Now Ash sent out your next pokemon please.

"You did amazing Croconaw, thanks buddy" Ash said as he recalled Croconaw back to it's pokeball.

"That was one strong hyper beam" Ash thought to himself as ge grabbed another pokeball from his belt.

Ash: Now! Floatzel, I choose you!

Ash threw the pokeball and from it, the sea weasel pokemon emerged. It stood face to face with Gyarados, showing off a powerful battle pose.

Ash: Floatzel! Start off with sonicboom!

Misty: Intercept it with hydro pump!

Floatzel leaped into the air and swung around, sending a powerfull shockwave from it's tail towards Gyarados.

Gyarados leaned back and fired off a even more powerful beam of water compared to Croconaw's water gun.

The two moves collided and cancelled eachother out. Ash used this opportunity to get in close.

Ash: Quick! Use aqua jet now!

Floatzel surrounded itself in water and flew straight towards Gyarados, giving it no time to defend.

Floatzel slammed into Gyarados, making it stagger back a bit but Ash wasn't done yet.

Ash: Now use ice punch!

As Floatzel was still close, it's paw started to glow and some blue sparks came of from it, it slammed into Gyarados who cried it out in pain as it fell to the ground.

"A couple nice moves Ash! But it won't be enough!" Misty said as she pulled out the necklace out of her shirt with a keystone attacked to it. "Display the power of water type pokemon! Gyarados, MEGA EVOLVE!

Gyarados's fins on top of him started to grow bigger. Also the size of his body grew atleast double.

Ash: Be careful Floatzel! Now Gyarados mega evolved, it's got more power!

Floatzel: Floatzel!

Misty: Gyarados! Give them a taste of your power! Use hydro pump!

Ash: Floatzel dodge it, then use aqua jet!

Gyarados fired another powerful beam of water at Floatzel which it nearly missed. When Floatzel succesfully dodged it, it engulfed itself in water and flew towards Gyarados.