Rematch against the Cerulean Gym Leader! CH-33

Start from the beginning

Politoed composed himself again and ran towards Croconaw. When he got close he leaped into the air and spread his body to cover as much space as possible so Croconaw couldn't escape. Ash smirked wich Misty noticed.

Misty: What is Ash up to? Oh no!!

Ash: Right! Croconaw use ice punch!

Croconaw did as commanded and his fist started to glow light blue as he slammed it into a descending Politoed who cried out in pain.

Ash: Alright! Now finish it with slash!

Misty: Quick! Counter it with double slap!

Croconaw ran as fast as it could towards Politoed who struggled to stand up and managed to do so. When Croconaw was about to strike, Politoed countered with fis flat hand. The moves were even again and then Politoed used his other hand to hit Croconaw.

Ash: Oh no you don't! Croconaw use bite on the other hand!

Misty's eyes widened as she saw Politoed trying to hit Croconaw with his other hand. When he was about to slap Croconaw, Croconaw opened his mouth and bit on Politoed's hand.

Politoed: TOAADDDD!

Ash: Finish it Croconaw! Use Water gun, one more time!

With Politoed's hand stil stuck in Croconaw's mouth, it had no chance to escape. Then Croconaw opened it's mouth and Politoed fell backwards as it tried to pull out his hand, only to get hit by a beam of water which sent him flying.

When Politoed fell on the ground, a small cloud of dust appeared and when it faded, Politoed was laying there with swirles in it's eyes.

Don George: Politoed is unable to battle, Croconaw wins!

After Don George made the call, Croconaw started dancing, happy it won it's first battle since it evolved.

"Great job Croconaw!" Ash said, praising his pokemon.

"Good job Politoed, you did great" Misty said as she recalled Politoed.

"Now, I need your help Gyarados!" Misty said as she kissed the pokeball and threw it forward.

As the pokeball opened, it revealed a blue/white snake/dragon like pokemon who had a trident for on the top of it's head. It had it's mouth wide open as it looked ferociously, intimidating his opponent.

Don George: Battle begin!

Ash: I'm going first this time! Use scary face!

Croconaw put up a angry look again but it didn't do much to Gyarados.

Serena and Gary were distracted by the battle and watched it. Then Serena asked Gary "what does scary face actually do?"

Gary: It is supposed to lower the opponent's pokemon speed. Like Gyarados's ability intimidate lowers the opponents pokemon attack power.

Serena: But Gyarados doesn't look affected by it?

Gary: True, some pokemon counter it better then others.

Misty: Nice try Ash but it won't work on Gyarados!

Ash: It doesn't look like it but it doesn't keep me from winning this battle!

Misty: Try your best! Gyarados use flamethrower!

"What is Misty up to..." Ash thought, knowing the attack would have no effect on Croconaw. Then he yelled "Intercept it with water gun!"

Gyarados fired a beam of flames while Croconaw fired off a streak of water. The moves collided and cancelled eachother out, creating a cloud of steam.