Chapter - 16 | Isn't it Strange ?

Start from the beginning

Kitty and Bebo had left the place after befriending Anokhi.

The break was about to come to an end.

Anokhi was just arranging things in their proper place in the kitchen when a boy entered.

Anokhi didn't seem to notice him and continued her work.

A vicious smile played on his lips and he was about to go towards her when a voice from behind made him startle on his way.

"Pummy aunty ?..."

When he heard the voice, the boy immediately composed himself and turned with a fake smile, knowing who the owner of this voice was.

Anokhi moved her eyes in that direction and found Shaurya standing there.

Shaurya's brows crinkled as he looked at the boy.

"Anmol ?... Tum yaha kya kar rhe ho ?..."

"Ahh... v... vo Shaurya sir main bas ye... ye wrapper... ye wrapper yaha dustbin mein phenkne aaya tha... ", he took a wrapper out of his pocket, tossed it in the trash barrel, and fled the scene before being apprehended.

Shaurya kept looking at his retreating figure dubiously.

Then, turning his attention inside, he looked around but couldn't find the person he was looking for.

There was an awkward silence between them that was finally broken by Anokhi.

"Vo... Pummy Aunty abhi apne ghar gayi hui hai... break ke baad aa jaayengi. Tab tak ke liye unhone canteen ki responsibility mujhe di hai..."

"Responsibility di hai ?... Toh main sahi soch rha tha... yeh yaha kaam karti hai...", he thought to himself.

"Okay...", he turned and was about to walk away when he was stopped in his tracks by her voice.

"A... agar aapko kuch chahiye... aap mujhe bta sakte hai..."

Shaurya paused, unsure what to say. Actually, he had ordered a coffee a while ago, but it hadn't arrived yet. And since he was free this time, he decided to come here and look for his order.

Scratching the back of his neck, he finally said "Vo actually..."

"Coffee... maine coffee order kiya tha... vhi dekhne aaya tha..."

Consequently, Anokhi's eyes widened in shock, "Sorry sorry sir... vo... voh main jaldbaazi mein aapke order ke baare mein bhool hi gayi... please sir... aap bas ek minute wait keejiye main abhi bnakar deti hu"

Shaurya noticed her hurrying and tried to calm her down with his words., "Hey !... look it's okay... main baad mein order karva loonga"

"B...baad mein kyun sir ?... Main abhi banakar deti hoon na... ", she was afraid that she would lose her job as a result of her carelessness.

Anokhi had already begun making coffee, so there was no point in denying it now.

Shaurya stood there quietly watching her make the coffee.

It would be difficult to tell how many times he's gone to kitchen of his own house for food, and now, look here, he's waiting for his order in the canteen of the collage he owns, something he'd never done before.

Isn't it strange ?

Anokhi was stirring the milk and was just going to add sugar in it.

Seeing that Shaurya was about to interrupt but stopped when he saw her placing the container back in its place and taking out a "Sugar Free" bottle from the shelf. She put the tablets in the cup and whisked the mixture.

"Ise yeh kaise pta ?...", he muttered to himself,

He was lost in his thoughts when he saw her approaching him with the tray.

"Yeh leejiye sir..."

"Aapki coffee..."

He took the cup silently and walked away not before mumbling a thank you.

Anokhi heaved a sigh of relief as he left.

Pummy Aunty was a kind-hearted lady, but she was adamant about her work.

On the first day, she had told Anokhi that she would have to work with all of her heart and that she would not tolerate any negligence. She taught her that no matter what kind of work they do, they should enjoy it.

Anokhi was rushing during preparing coffee because she was worried that Shaurya sir would complain to Pummy Aunty about her carelessness, especially since she had already made a bad impression by colliding with him twice.

Pummy Aunty had told her on the first day, while instructing her on canteen work, that all of the Sabherwal brothers, as well as Shaurya sir, are diabetics, which is why she had put Sugar Free pills in the coffee.

Shaurya's first encounter with her flashes before her eyes, and she remembers how she bumped onto him and a small chocolate bar had fallen from his pocket.

"Achcha vaise Anokhi... vo sir to itne bade ho gaye hai... lekin fir bhi apne saath ch..."

She recalls Reema saying this to her.

She put two and two together and then came to conclusion, "Ohhh !... Ab samajh mein aaya... Voh diabetic hain isiliye apne saath chocolate rakhte hai..."

"Reema bhi na kuch bhi bolti hai...", she smiled shaking her head in disbelief and walked out of the kitchen as soon as the the break got over.

", she smiled shaking her head in disbelief and walked out of the kitchen as soon as the the break got over

How was it ?

 Do give your feedback in comments 😊