Chapter 12

Kyla was sad would be an understatement. She was depressed would also be an understatement. She was feeling betrayed would sound appropriate. She had spent almost a year with her weird ass boyfriend, tolerated his unusual behaviours, as she herself was dealing with her depression and pills.

"did he keep me just to show the world how much of a NORMAL person he is???. But all these time he took care of me... All these time he said I LOVE YOU to me were real. He loved me for real... Why did he act like that back there in front of jimin then?? Does he not love me anymore?? So no one wants me? I am a pain in the a$$ for everyone? I got no shoulder to cry on, lean on??? I am all alone now?? Did I do something wrong? Was i at home for too long? Did i not talk or call him enough? Did i ever ignore him, cuz he did.... Did i ever open up about his dark past? Did he ever ask me about my dark past... No. I didn't... He didn't... We didn't. But those are in the past. Right? Tae will come back right? I will be ok right? This... This fckin  suppressor pills wont be needed anymore in future right?? We.. We'll be happy again right? Were we ever happy before? Yes we were!!....... I... Think..... "

By now you'll already know that kyla was a mess... Her mind was a mess. Many weird ass questions popped in her brain, her hands gripped onto her hair fisting them,as tears uncontrollably flowed down her brown orbs. She almost started to hiccup when she heard a soft knock on her door.
Kyla slowly trotted towards her door when the banging increased.

"jeez... Coming why are u -"

" k-kyla!!"

There stood taehyung on her door step. He looked horrible.

" why the hell are you here.."

" l- listen... I am not me... I mean.. I.. Keep this box.. I um" he kept fumbling with a box.

" ew, did you shit in it?? Its stinking. And woah.. Why me?"

"dont question me... Ok? Just keep it.. And let me in!"

Tae stomped in her house hiding the box under his shirt. Immediately going for her store room. His cheeks were red and eyes were puffy as if he cried and his voice was sore.

" tae... You are scaring me... First the police word scaring the shit out of you.. And now you sneaking in my house like this... A.. Are you ok?"

After throwing the box in her store room, the shivering, stuttering body became suspiciously calm... The slumped shoulders became straight.

" erm. Kyla let mw ask you... Are YOU ok? " he said turning towards her with half lidded eyes.

" wh-what do you mean? Do you think i am? Don't you see those piles of tablets on my nightstand? Come look around my house... Me house isn't neat and clean with full of colourful portrait like yours... Mine is like a dust bin with a living piece of shit!" she points at herself.

" Hmm...kyla... Let me tell you.. I am facing troubles too.. If not like yours, but i am messed up too from the inside. "

Kyla huffs, she really does have a soft spot for him.

" i.. I dont want to keep things from you.... I want you to know the full me.. Even my past. I expect you to be the same tae. "

Tae flinched but nevertheless agreed. For one last time he glanced at the closed store room door and then followed kyla into her messy room.

" i'll go first. My mom... Was an addict, my dad tried to stop her few times, only to receive harsh words or sometimes hard slaps from her. She... Had a soft spot for me. But i despised her...i loved my dad... But dad despised me. Haha. Such a drama... * sighs * my mom tried to leave the drugs and all.. But relapsed again within few days... Eventually she started to loose herself, and stopped coming to our dining table for dinner... That left me and my dad. He insisted on sending the dinner, lunch and breakfast to mom's room himself, only to come out beaten up. Mom had a separate room for herself... She loved staying alone, occasionally calling me in to chit chat and smoke in front of me... Later even that stopped. I started to feel empty... My mom became abusive to the level i couldn't sleep at night due to dad's screams.... Finally she was taken to prison. When i asked dad to move out from that house, he hissed at me and said that he'll move me to Seoul and will never ask me to meet him. Tae, he just abandoned me. "

kyla weeped, he sat closer to her and rubbed comforting circles on her back.

" your mom and my dad are similar. And you dad and mom are similar.... " tae said chuckling.

" huh? Your dad was abusive? "

" umm.. My mom left me when i was only 1 year old... Crying her crocodile tears.. Huh... I hate women like her... Oh how much i wanted to scream at her, call her back... Ask her the reason for abandoning me.. Take away her suitcase and throw it somewhere.. So that she couldn't leave me. Oh, but now i think... She is lucky that she left, or who knows what would have happened to her. " he sounded Normal.. Not at all traumatised.

" tae... I didn't understand what you meant by - "

" after my mom left... My dad started to go out a lot... Then come back and beat me till i went unconscious, how he choked me till his finger nails dug into my skin. Night after night he used to stay outside, then come back home smelling like shit! And turn the news channel on... Everyday were the same... GO OUT. STAY OUT FOR ALL NIGHT. COME BACK HOME SMELLING LIKE ROTTEN FISH. THEN BEAT ME UP. WATCH TV. TAKE A BATH FOR AN HOUR. THEN GO OUT AGAIN. THEN STAY OUT. THEN SMELL. THEN BEAT. THEN TV. THEN BATH. THEN -

" TAEEEEE!!! STOP!!" kyla shook him hard, because she had been calling his name for quite a while.. As he kept on rambling... He was brought out of his trance as he breathed heavily.

" i get it ok? I get it that you lived in an abusive household too... But its ok.. We have each other.. Hmm?" she softly said as she slowly pulled him in a hug. Tae felt relief wash over him.. He felt light... He blurted out all his bottled up past, that he never got to share, he smiled and was about to close his eyes when something caught his attention.

The mirror placed beside kyla 's bed showed him their ( his and her) reflection... And he saw a knife on the nightstand.
"wha.. What is this knife doing here kyla?!"
"oh... I thought.... YOU KNEW?!" tae let her go as a smile crept on his face.

"you do know how to wake me up huh?"

"huh? Tae you ok? What are saying? Are talking to your reflection? And which knife are you talking about" kyla shook him furiously... Her heart was thumping hard.

"darling look into the mirror. *
" what's in the mirror? * smack * "

(a/n : making things clear... Tae hallucinated about kyla smiling and saying stuffs like 'oh.. I thought you knew?!'... It was his inner thoughts trying to prove that she was on his side by making him hallucinate. Hope you understood.)