Chapter - 12 | First Day in SIEST

Start from the beginning

Once she entered her classroom, she got nervous upon seeing a lot of unknown faces at once. Fidgeting her fingers with the bag strap, she sat down on the first empty bench. She began to observe her class -- a big spacious room with large glass windows which made the room well-lit.

She started thinking about Mimi what she would be doing.

"Mimi ke bina mera man nhi lag rha... ek to meri vajah se use yaha Delhi mein apne nana-nani se door rehna padh rha hai... aur ab main bhi uske paas nhi reh paa rhi hu... bechaari meri bachchi ke saath kyu aisa hota hai... pta nhi main bhi kaise saara din yaha padhaai me man laga paaungi... har pal bas Mimi ki yaad aati hai...", she was thinking all this when she heard some murmurs from other side.

"Hey ! Look at her... looks like a pindooo...", a boy taunted.

From the corner of her eyes, she could sense that the comment was made on her.

She could have rebelled but she chose to remain silent. This is not the first time she is facing this type of bias. She chose to remain silent because she knew it would be her waste of energy on giving them a piece of hearing. She knew the fact that they would not change in one day. This silence was not an indicator of her cowardness but of her calm demeanor.  

If someone else would have faced this, she would have definitely protested in support of that person but since this time, it was she herself, she remained silent. 

It's very disgusting for those high-status people to pass such derogatory remarks against a someone.

Moreover, she didn't want to spoil her first day. So she diverted her attention to the timetable.

"Aaj hai Monday... ummm... Monday ko first period hai VLSI design automation... instructor ka naam hai Sh..."

Before she could read further, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

She looked at the person and got amazed.

"Tum ?..."

The girl whom she had seen praying on the the day of exam at center was standing there.

The girl smiled and extended her hand towards her.

"Hi"

"I'm Reema..."

Anokhi smiled back and extended her palm towards her seeing her friendly smile.

"H... Hi"

"Main yaha baith sakti hu... tumhaare saath ?", she asked.

"Haan bilkul...", Anokhi replied sliding towards the corner.

She placed her bag on the bench and said, "Tum mujhe dekhkar hairaan ho gayi na... main bhi same... maine tumhe us din exam center mein dekha tha aur aaj firse tumse mulaakat ho gayi dekho... What a coincidence yaar !!!..."

"Arre main to khud hi boli jaa rhi hu... tum apna naam to batao"

Anokhi smiled at her chirpy nature.

"Main hoon Anokhi"

"Anokhiiii ???... Vaah kitna unique name hai... bohot badhiya..."

"Achcha Anokhi... ek aur baat notice ki ? Hum dono ka course bhi same hai dekho... dono ka hi VLSI DESIGN... lagta hai hum dono ka kuch bohot gehra rishta hai... kitni similarity hain hum dono mein...", she said smiling to herself.

Anokhi smiled thinking that the world is really strange. A few minutes ago, some students were passing her comments based on her appearance and now this girl, whom she had just met is treating her as if she knows her for a long time.