Chapter - 11 | Alone

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Aapki talah meli doll ne bhi bindi lagayi hai dekho..."

Anokhi smiled at her daughter's action and took off her own bindi and placing it on Mimi's forehead, she said, "Mimi... doll ab aap ki tarah lag rhi hai dekho... bilkul meri princess jaisi"

Mimi touched her forehead to feel the position of bindi and went towards where the mirror was. She jumped several times to see her face but to no avail.

Anokhi giggled at her antics and she went there and took her in her arms. Now Mimi was able to see her cute face in the mirror.

"Ab to main aul meli doll... dono aapki talah lag lahe hai", saying so she kissed her mother's cheeks.

Just like that the day passed.

It was 9 in night when Mimi said, "Mumma ninnni nayi aa lahi "

"Ninni nhi aa rhi ?... Chalo to main lori sunaati hu aapko fir dekhna kaise jaldi se ninni aa jaayegi"

Anokhi put Mimi's head on her lap and ruffled her fingers softly through her hair.

Chanda hai tu

mera suraj hai tu

O meri aankhon ka tara hai tu...

Chanda hai tu

mera suraj hai tu

O meri aankhon ka tara hai tu...

Jeeti hu main bas tujhe dekh kar

iss toote dil ka sahaara hai tu...

Chanda hai tu... mera suraj hai tu...

Anokhi was reduced to tears by now. Wiping away her tears, she gently laid down Mimi's head on the pillow who had fallen asleep.

After that she took out her outfit from the almirah which she was going to wear tomorrow -- her first day of college.

A deep blue colored kurta with minimal embroidery on the borders, bright white patiala salwar and a plain white net dupatta. She ironed the dress and hung it on a hanger.

She wasn't feeling sleepy so decided to have a glance at the college's website to gather some useful information.

Opening the SIEST website, she collected some important statistics and knowledge about the administration, regulations and curriculums, campus amenities, student life... etc.

At last her gaze fell on the faculty in charge of her own branch -- VLSI DESIGN. The portal opened and a list of the faculties with their respective designation appeared on the screen in alphabetical order.

"Mr. Alok Sabherwal -- Professor... ek minute Sabherwal ?... Ohh matlab ye inhi ka college hoga... Aage hai Mrs. Anupama Singh -- Assistant professor, Mrs. Jaya Sehgal ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Mr. Sh... "

Everything became dark all of a sudden before she could read further.

Anokhi smiled and removed Mimi's little palms from her eyes.

"Princess... tum soyi nhi ?...", she turned towards Mimi.

Mimi pouted and said, "Mimi ko akele ninni nayi aa lahi"