epilogue

Years after moving back to the Outer Banks, Rafe and Hallie seemed to take off with their careers. The two were unstoppable and everything about the two radiated nothing but happiness and success.

Cameron Developments had never been better after Rafe took over, and the dirty blonde was working with clients all over North Carolina, as well as the surrounding states, by the third year as CEO. Ward had never been more proud of his son's accomplishments, but Hallie was the most proud of the younger male.

The blonde girl had stuck by his side through the hardest times of the transition and seeing him several years later, buried in hundreds of opportunities, Hallie was thrilled for him. The girl helped in every way she could, wanting to be by his side through the decisions and conversations, and Rafe loved every minute of it, happy that the girl was interested in the business as much as he was.

The newly Cameron girl had become one of the most prominent artists in North Carolina after they moved. She was getting attention from all sorts of clients all over the country, and rose quickly to the top within years of graduating college. That being said, Hallie had taken her art to the next level, exploring new ideas and taking commissions left and right.

It wasn't until she was invited to have her work featured in a huge art show in Paris, that the girl quickly started to get recognized by even more people.  Although, an event that was supposed to be exciting, turned rough quickly.  Everything seemed to go downhill for the two the second they landed in the country, from losing a couple of her paintings to Hallie getting sick.

By the third day of being in Paris, Hallie grew suspicious of her ill feelings, and decided to go pick up something that she didn't expect to buy for a while.  The girl kept it from Rafe until she knew the results for sure, not wanting to get his hopes up for nothing, but when she flipped the piece of plastic over on the counter, she immediately dropped it.

"Oh my god." Her hands flew to her face, covering her mouth, "Rafe, can you come here."

The dirty blonde emerged into the bathroom right after she finished, and saw a very flustered Hallie hunched over the counter.  Rafe wasted no time to wrap his arms around the girl, concerned for whatever was going on, but when his eyes landed on the plastic, his lips parted.

"Is that?"

"It's positive." She turned to the boy, worried for what he was going to say next, since this was no where near planned.

"Oh my god!" He picked her up instantly, "Oh my god!"

Hallie smiled at his excitement, not able to contain her own joy anymore, and folded her arms around his neck.

"I'm gonna be a dad! You're gonna be a mom, oh my fuck!" He sat her down on the counter, "We're gonna be parents?"

"Yeah." She laughed, "We're gonna be parents!"

𓇽

authors note:

okay, this is it for sure, just wanted to include this last little piece as to their lives after moving.

one last huge thank you to all of the support and ideas mentioned by you all for Changes!

i love this story so much and i hope you guys did too!

i will be continuing to write after this, definitely introducing some new fics, so stayed tuned for those updates!

love you all so much!🤍