thirty five

3 Months Later...

Hallie's POV:

After Maggie and Emma left at the end of the summer, I got to work on getting everything ready to sell the house.  Rose was on board to help me with it all, and honestly, the whole Cameron family had played such a huge part in the process.  I knew I wanted to move back to Charleston before the spring semester, and as much as a rush as that was, I felt ready. 

I hadn't found an apartment yet, which wasn't good because we were closing on the house today, but I was going to stay with Rafe and his family until I found somewhere to live.  Speaking of the dirty blonde, he had started working with his dad a little over two months ago, and was loving it.  I was proud of him for doing it, because I knew how hard it could be to work with your parents.  Although, they seemed to actually get along great in the work environment.

Currently, Rafe and I, along with Rose and Ward, we're going to meet with the people buying my house to close on the deal.  I had a mix of emotions running through my mind as we rode in the car, but mainly, I was excited.  It was still sad that I was leaving the island soon, but I knew I would be coming back all the time.  I had a family here that I had to come visit too.

My thoughts were cut short when I felt the car stop and Rafe grabbed my hand, "You ready?"

I smiled, "Of course."

~

"Two weeks!"

I exclaimed, trying to wrap my head around the fact that I had only two weeks to get all my shit out of this house.  I really assumed I would be able to do it just fine, but I was quick to realize my mom had gathered up a lot more stuff than I thought.  Unfortunately, Rafe was going to be working, and their whole family was going to be super busy, so it was just me. 

The closing had obviously went great, and after eating some lunch, I came back home.  I knew I was on a time crunch, so I had to get started now if I wanted to meet the deadline.  Rafe and Ward had taken the day off to help me with the closing, and thankfully, they were on their way over now to help me start packing.

Just as time would have it, I heard a knock at the door and I scrambled over to it. When I opened it up, the only person standing there was an awkwardly smiling Rafe.

"I'm sorry Hal, Ward had something pop up, but I'm still here."

I laughed, "You're so weird Rafe."

He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, shutting the door when we got inside. His lips connected with mine briefly before he put my back on my feet, "I love you Hal."

"I love you more." I smiled.

"Not possible."

After that, we instantly got to work on packing up everything. I already had plenty of leftover boxes from our last move to, most likely, suffice for everything, so I didn't think we would have to but too many more, at least for now. Rafe went into one of the bedrooms while I started on the living room, and we slaved the whole day on getting stuff packed.

The rest of the afternoon went on like this, of us just focusing on the two rooms for now, not wanting to be overwhelmed by everything else my mom had, and by the end of the day, we were both exhausted. When eight rolled around, Rafe dragged his feet into the living room and fell onto the couch, somehow managing to pull me down in the process. He was on top of me when I opened my eyes.