fifty two

Hallie's POV:

Our lives seemed never ending after Tom and Emma's wedding. Now that college was over with, Rafe and I were being tossed into the work world, not that it was a bad thing, but on top of planning a wedding? It was extremely stressful to say the least.

The dirty blonde had gone to Kildare Island the other day, having to go over some things with Ward to prepare for the position he was about to take at Cameron Developments, and left me in South Carolina.  Since he was gone, I had been keeping myself busy at home, doing all sorts of things for the wedding.

We had officially picked out a place, being on a smaller island outside of Charleston, and decided on colors, design, decor, etc.  We had also figured out most of the people we were inviting, which wasn't too many being around a hundred or so, and I was currently do research on some good hotel recommendations for everyone, since many of the guests were going to be traveling for this.

My fingers were typing away on my laptop when my phone started ringing, and I flipped it over to see a local number calling me.  After answering it, I moved it closer to me, opening my mouth in the process, "Hallie Parker, can I help you?"

I had also gotten pretty comfortable at answering my phone a little more professionally when I received calls from random numbers, obviously.  This was mainly because, it was either going to be someone inquiring about a painting, or it had to do with the wedding.

"Hi again Ms. Parker, it's Charles."

I scrambled to pick up the phone at that, knowing exactly why he was reaching out, "Oh hi! How are you doing Mr. Brooks?"

"I'm doing well, thank you. What about yourself?"

"Same here, I'm good." I cleared my throat, "What can I help you help you with?"

"Well, I was hoping that we could meet at my office at some point. I wanted to let you have a good look at the space for the pieces, and I also had some ideas I wanted to run by you."

I looked at the time on my computer seeing it was only eleven, "Would today be okay? I actually have some wedding stuff that I have to figure out the rest of the week, but I could definitely swing by this afternoon."

"Today would be perfect." He paused, "Maybe three?"

I smiled, "Sounds great, I'll see you soon then."

The call ended there and I sighed as I put the device down. It had only been about two weeks since Charles reached out to me about commissioning some paintings for his office, so I wasn't too surprised to hear his voice again about the pieces.

That being said, I really had only done a few sketches and looked through different ideas we had already discussed.  Only because, I had been waiting for him to let me come in, and look at the area first before I actually got started on anything, not wanting to have to go back to square one.

~

"Hey baby."

I smiled, "Hey! How are things going with Ward?"

"Good, we just finished up actually. I'm going to grab food with Top and Kelce before my flight."

"Oh cool," I locked my car as I tucked the phone in between my ear, "I'm about to walk in Charles's office."