fifty seven

Rafe's POV:

After Hal and I got back from Greece, our lives seemed to pick up almost instantly. It was an amazing get away for two weeks, and now that we had our break, we were refreshed enough to get back to where we left off.

That being said, Hallie was busy finishing up with painting after painting, working herself to the max.  She had finished up the big job for Mr. Brooks before our wedding, and not only had he commissioned her for more pieces, his other big business friends had too. 

Hallie was ecstatic about it, since she obviously loved doing her job, and on top of that, the girl was making loads of money doing it.  All these men were extremely wealthy and would pay whatever to get her work in their offices, which we both thought was pretty amusing.  Although, we knew that we needed the money, so it was nothing to joke about, honestly.

The reason being was that, we were moving back to Kildare Island. After a lot of thinking it over and talking through it with Hallie, we both decided that it would be the easiest. Since my take over at Cameron Developments was supposed to happen in only about a month, and the main office was on Kildare Island, it just made even more sense. 

With Hallie being an artist, she was more flexible with where we lived.  Only because, she could easily do video calls with her clients and ship out her paintings to them, without having to actually see them in person, if she didn't need to.  Therefore, the house hunt was on.

Like I had mentioned, Hallie was working her ass off trying to finish those pieces, and on top of packing everything up in our apartment, we were busy.  Needless to say, Rose being a realtor couldn't have worked out better for us, and after plenty of searching for weeks, we finally had a break through.

I was in the process of putting the last of Sadie's thing into boxes when my phone started to ring. I quickly pulled it out of my sweatpants and when I realized it was my step-mother on the other line, I hit the accept button. My legs straightened out as I put the device on speaker, and I went over to Hallie, who was sitting in front of a canvas in the floor.

"Okay guys, I found one." Rose started, diving right into it, "Hal, I forwarded you the info, so tell me what you think."

My eyes met the blonde girl's excited ones and she stood up, going over to her laptop.  I watched as she opened it up, pulling up the email from Rose, and gasped.  The noise perked my interest enough to move next to her, and I also felt my breathe get hitched in my throat when my gaze hit the screen.

"So what do you think?" Rose interrupted our trance of scrolling through the photos.

Hallie swallowed before opening her mouth, "Honestly, it's perfect. I mean it has everything we want and it's close to you guys, to the office. Is there a catch though? I feel like it's good to be true."

"No catch." Rose chuckled, "It was just put on the market, but if you don't act fast guys, someone else will most likely jump on this place."

"Can you tell us a little more about it?" I questioned, agreeing with Hallie that there was no way it didn't have a catch.

"Well the previous owners are older, wanting to move somewhere in Florida where it's warmer, so the house is just being sold as is.  It was renovated back in 2019, and the dock was also redone that year.  Other than that, it's right in your budget, has three bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, all the nine yards. Everything you guys wanted."