ten

Hallie's POV:

I watched as Rafe went to throw away our food downstairs and Sadie followed him.

Rafe was on his fourth or fifth glass of wine, and I was on my third. It was definitely starting to get to our heads for sure, and that was probably not a good thing.

I had sipped on my first one, trying to not let the affects get to me, so I could add the finishing details on my painting. Although, after feeling satisfied with my work, I had been drinking a little more heavily.

We had been practically all over each other as we laid in my bed watching the first movie, and now as I picked the second one, the alcohol was really starting to make "taking things slow" hard. My thoughts were all over the board at this point on what to do, especially since Rafe was reciprocating every little touch I gave him.

All I can say is, this wasn't my best idea.

Suddenly, the boy appeared back into the room and got comfortable next to me once again. He rested his back against my headboard, and had both of his arms around my frame before I could even press play on the movie.

"You okay?"

I heard his voice from above me, "Yeah."

After that, we didn't have much to say to each other, as we were both engrossed by the show I picked, but that didn't stop Rafe from letting his fingers trace over my exposed thighs. I watched as they started to slowly run over my skin, and couldn't deny that I enjoyed the feeling.

I guess he took that as an opportunity to take it a step further, because the next thing I knew, I felt his touch start to move upwards onto my hips.

That's when I slowly started to crumble.

I felt my body unconsciously squirm underneath his hands, and then I heard a quiet laugh escape from Rafe's lips. When I looked up to see his blue eyes already on me, I couldn't control my thoughts any longer.

Rafe seemed to already know what was running through my mind, because his next move was exactly what I had been thinking about almost all night.

I feel his grasp tighten around my thigh, and he pulled my body upwards slightly, bringing my nose up to his own, inches apart from touching. His other hand ran to side of my face, and he brushed the hair away from my eyes before parting his lips slightly.

I let my free hand go to his shoulder, or really right at the base of his neck, and my fingers started tracing over his shirt. My eyes scanned over his face, making sure this was really what he wanted, and when I saw his own gaze drop down to my bottom lip, it only answered my question.

Right as our eyes met again, he finally did what I was about to do myself, and connected his lips to mine. Something clicked in my head the second I got a taste of the boy in front of me, and I would be lying if I said I didn't want more. At first, it was soft, but I could tell Rafe was holding back.

Although, it didn't take much for the dirty blonde to give me his all after we pulled away slightly, and I was the one to put my mouth back on his.

Yeah, I know I said I needed to take things slow, but a kiss isn't hurting anyone.

I let my fingers run from his neck to the back of his head, and they immediately got to work at tugging on the ends of his hair. Rafe seemed to like the feeling, because the next thing I knew, his tongue was running over my own and his grasp on my waist strengthened relentlessly.