fourteen

Hallie's POV:

Rafe taught me how to install new locks on a door this afternoon.

Which was definitely not even that hard, I could have just watched a Youtube tutorial and probably figured it out. Although, I was glad he was here, even though I was sure there was no way he wasn't tired of me by now. I felt like a lost puppy with how much I had been relying on his presence lately, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

"Rafe, thank you for helping me with this. I don't want you to feel like you have to stay with me again, I should be fine."

I watched as he looked up from putting away the old locks in a drawer, and met my eyes with an unreadable expression on his face, "If you want me to go Hal I can, I just figured you probably would want me to stay."

I do Rafe, but I'm scared that I'm rushing this with you the more I see you. My feelings are only growing.

"I mean, do you not need to be home?"

He reluctantly nodded, but I could tell he didn't want to leave.

"I-"

"I'm sorry Rafe. I'm not trying to push you away. I just- It's just getting difficult to take this slow when we see each other all the time-"

"So we don't."

His gaze was already on me when I looked back up, and he continued, "We both know what we want."

He was right. There really wasn't anything else I wanted other than him, and as much as I needed to contain my emotions, I didn't want to. He made it easier to trust, and I enjoyed every moment we spent together like it was a drug. I just felt like there was something wrong about jumping into this neck first. That people would view it negatively or something along those lines. Although, a part of me felt like if we didn't jump now, we would be drug into it eventually anyway.

"Do you know what you want?"

His face changed with my words, as if I was a little girl asking the dumbest question ever, "She's right in front of me."

I couldn't even help the smile that formed on my face. He always had me smiling.

I watched as he closed the drawer and then moved his feet over to me almost instantly. His arms came around my waist and his blue eyes were on me, as if I was the most important thing in the room.

"Do you?"

I let my arms fold around his hips, "I don't think I've ever wanted something more in my life."

I felt his grasp around me tighten, and without another moment, he had my body off the ground. I wrapped my legs around his back, my arms going to his neck, and our eyes met once again.

"Hal, you don't even know how much I've wanted to hear those words."

I didn't waste any time to connect my lips to his after that, it was brief and soft, but needed.

Rafe already meant the world to me and I honestly couldn't believe there hadn't been a girl to scoop him up yet. He was the definition of sweet, not only with his taste, but also with his actions.