two

Hallie's POV:

A knock on my door woke me and Sadie up the next morning. The movers had put my bed together in the new room, so thankfully, I had a bed to sleep on last night.

"Hey Sweetie."

My mom opened up the door slightly, peeking in to see if I was awake, and I rolled over to face her.

"I have to be in Chapel Hill, unfortunately. Are you gonna be okay by yourself?"

I sat up at her words, yawning, "Of course, I can go to the grocery store today if you want?"

She pulled her lips together, "That would be great, and maybe try to unpack some stuff?"

"I can do that too."

"Thank you Hal, call me if you need me, okay? I love you."

She leaned over and wrapped her arms around me, to which I did the same, "I love you too mom."

At that, I watched as she stood up from my bed and walked out the room. I laid back down almost instantly, grabbing my phone and checking it. As I scrolled through the notifications, I saw where Maggie and Emma had tried to facetime me already this morning.

They were my best friends from Charleston, and it was so sad to leave them. I couldn't deny that I was mad at my mom for, once again, making us move, but I understood that she couldn't help it. Maggie and Emma both understood as well, and even though they were sad, they still had been keeping up with me. I was the worst at answering my phone, obviously, so they probably weren't shocked that I didn't answer.

I shot them a text in our group chat, though, telling them that I could call when I got back from the store while I was unpacking everything, and they both replied within only a few seconds, saying that would be great.

After texting them back and forth for a few minutes, I decided that it was probably time for me to get up, so I would actually have time to do something today. It didn't take long for me to get ready, since all of my clothes were still in boxes anyways, so I just threw on some baggy jeans, a crop top, and a loose flannel as I grabbed my sling bag. I also made sure to pick up the new house keys from the counter before saying goodbye to my favorite dog ever, and opened the door to my car.

I pulled out of the driveway, rolling down my windows, and started the drive over to the nearest market, which was right next to some Country Club. As I continued down our street, I passed by the same Tannyhill house, which once again caught my attention, except this time, there was a truck pulling out of the driveway. The blue vehicle stayed at the end of drive, obviously waiting for my to go by, but it didn't take long for my eyes to catch a familiar dirty blonde in the drivers seat, and another guy sitting next to him.

At this point, I didn't have anything to lose, so I just smiled at the boys, and threw my hand up to wave at them as I sped by. The dirty blonde kept his gaze on me the whole time and smiled back at me, waving as well. His friend seemed to think it was funny as he looked to be messing with the familiar boy, knocking him out of his stare with me.

I giggled at their interaction, but kept my attention on the road, and watched as he pulled out behind me in the rear view.

𓇽

Rafe's POV:

Last night when I saw the mystery blonde on the beach, it took everything inside of me to not stare at her, but I know I definitely was. After all, I was with Topper and Kelce, along with Sarah and some others, and I didn't want to look like an idiot. Although, I couldn't help it since her attention was also on me, and I genuinely just wanted to go talk to her.