forty three

4 Years Later...

Rafe's POV:

"Dude chill out, you know she's gonna say yes." Topper said, grabbing my shoulders.

"Okay and what if she says no?"

I heard Logan scoff next me, "The chances of Hallie actually saying no man, are like, nonexistent."

"True, she literally never shuts up about how she's been waiting for you to do this." Cody added.

I sighed, "Okay, okay. Yeah, you're right."

"See we're good!" Topper reassured, "It's all good."

𓇽

Hallie's POV:

I had never been more fucking nervous, ever, in my life.  I had a feeling on what was going on, but I didn't know for sure.  That being said, I didn't stop asking questions.  Mags and Em had almost ruined whatever was happening today when we were at the nail salon, which should have given it away in itself, but I was too anxious to even pay attention.

Currently, I was riding with my girls to some event for Emma's graduate program.  She was majoring in psychology, and claimed that this was a huge deal, so we had to all look nice.  Although, my gut was telling me that she was lying.  Given, I was an art major, so I had no idea what they did for psych majors, but still.

We pulled up to a marina not even twenty minutes later and the girls hopped out, dragging me with them. Maggie and I followed Emma down the walkway until she turned on a ramp, leading to a huge yacht, which I was quick to realize that it was a restaurant. I continued to keep my feet moving next to Mags, until they finally stopped, again, in front of a door.

"Hey Hal, do you think you could actually go on up to the top and wait for us? I've gotta go talk with my director." Emma asked.

I shrugged, "Yeah for sure."

I watched both of my friends give me a smile, and then they turned away, walking off to a different hallway. My hands reached to pull the doorknob, which revealed a flight of stairs, and I took in a deep breathe as I started up them. When I got to the top, I was expecting to see a bunch of psychology majors holding glasses of wine, but I was quick to only spot one person up there.

Rafe.

He was wearing the silliest grin I've probably ever seen, but he looked as handsome as ever. As I started to make my way over to the boy, I took in the details of his outfit. He was wearing a dark grey button down with dress pants, and his hair, that was probably fixed at first, was flying around slightly with the wind blowing.

When I got up to him, he grabbed my hands, still wearing a smile, "You look beautiful Hal."

"Look at you! Handsome." I laughed.

He squeezed my hands one last time, before doing exactly what I thought he was going to do. He dropped down onto one knee.

"Hallie, I uh- I just want to start by saying that I couldn't be any more happy to be here with you right now. We have been through absolutely everything, from moving to graduating in a few months, so much has happened. But, I wouldn't have wanted to do all of that with anyone else. You mean the whole world to me, and I honestly am so thankful to have you by my side every day. That's why, I want to keep this going, I want to spend the rest of our lives together. I couldn't imagine a future without you Hal, so with that being said." He paused and pulled out a box from his pocket, "Will you marry me?"