introduction

Rafe was cold last summer.

Everyone in the OBX could see how horrible he looked when he stepped out of the house, when he would go to a party, or when he was playing golf with Topper and Kelce.

To say he had let himself go was honestly an understatement.

He had been buying and selling drugs from Barry all throughout his senior year of high school, but when the summer hit, he was pretty addicted. It had taken over his whole life basically, and all he could focus on was chasing one high after the next. He was mean too, in the worst way possible.

No girl wanted anything to do with him other than sex.  Although, it didn't seem to bother him, because that's all he really wanted too.

It only progressed when he went to college.

Word got around pretty quick at UNC Chapel Hill and the island that a particular Cameron boy had punched a hole through his dorm wall, just because he was craving a certain substance. He almost got kicked out, but somehow, the boy managed to stay enrolled after the incident.

A lot of people would say his dad paid off the dean.

It wasn't until the spring semester that something clicked in his mind, and he fell off the face of the earth for months. No one really can confirm for sure, but everybody says he went to rehab during that time.

After he got back to the Outer Banks at the beginning of May, he was different. He wasn't the mean and cold Rafe everyone knew, rather, a distant and quiet version. Everyone would see him here and there at parties, usually standing next to Kelce sipping on a drink and making small talk, but he wasn't dealing anymore.

Everyone agreed that he didn't look happy, and it always seemed like the boy was missing something.

It wasn't until a certain blonde artist stepped off of the ferry, with a golden retriever by her side, that everybody noticed a totally different persona from Rafe Cameron. Some would say it was just a coincidence, luck, or even maybe a mid-life crisis that made him turn his life around...

But he was the only one that really know what happened this summer.

𓇽

That girl put one mark on him, and it changed him forever.