fifty three

Six Months Later...
Rafe's POV:

"So are you excited?"

She widened her eyes and I instantly regretted my inquiry, "Am I excited? What kind of question is that?"

I just smiled, "Don't get an attitude with me Hal. I might just have to do something about it."

"I'm sorry." She sighed, "I'm honestly just a little nervous. I mean what if I hate all of them, and then I don't have a dress. What would do that? I would-"

"Angel." I grabbed her shoulders, "You're going to find one. Everyone is going to be there today, and you know Mags is like a professional at picking out things for you."

She sighed, "I know, it's just stressful. It's not even a huge deal, I just don't want to settle on one."

"And you don't have to. If you don't find one today, we keep looking, yeah?" I tried to reassure her.

"Yeah." She let out a deep breathe, "What time are you supposed to meet the guys?"

"Same time as you." I rubbed my hands on her skin, and she gave me a worried look, "Hal, it's gonna be okay, we're just getting sized. No one is gonna change what we picked out."

She wrapped her arms around me at that, and I just squeezed her, attempting to comfort her.  Hallie had been stressing herself out of the max lately, and it was starting to stress me out too.  I know she couldn't help it, especially with the paintings that she's been working on for that Charles guy, but it was getting to an overwhelming point.

I had tried my hardest to help her when I could, not wanting her to do it all by herself, but she was very adamant that everything had to be done a certain way.  Therefore, anything that I did remotely wrong in the slightest, she would take over and do it herself.  We were both similar in that we liked things done a specific way, but with the wedding being an pretty important day for us, Hallie was taking her usual habits to the extreme, wanting everything to be perfect.

I understood, to a certain point, why she was so worried about it, and I was thankful that her stress hadn't carried over to make our relationship, as a whole, suffer. I mean, we were getting married, it was supposed to be a sweet day, and I didn't want us ripping each other's hair out during the moment we had been dreaming of for years.

"After today is over, I'm gonna pick up dinner, okay? Whatever you want, and we can just have a chill evening with Sadie and some movies."

She sighed, "That would be nice."

"Okay." I looked down at her, only to see a tear rolling down the side of her face, "Hal, look at me."

She did as I asked and our eyes met, except hers were slightly red, "Baby, it is going to be okay. We are going to get through this, just taking it one step at a time."

"I know, I'm just..." She sighed, "I'm just thinking about mom I guess. Picking out my dress today is supposed to be something you do with, well, your mom. So it's a little surreal."

"Hal, you know she's here with you. She's watching you, and I know Jules is ecstatic to see you make this huge decision today. I know she's so proud of you baby, hell, I'm so proud of you."