forty five

^^ imagine this as Maggie
and Kate, okay cool
<3

Rafe's POV:

I leaned over to see the amount written on the check.

$15,000

God, Hallie was incredible.  I seriously couldn't even believe all of this was happening to her.  Not only had she found out that there were people following her progress as an artist already, but they wanted her business too.

"Rafe, I just- this is just so much, I feel horrible."

I grabbed her hands, "Angel, that man literally just set you up with so many opportunities, so you're probably going to be making a lot more where that came from, as long as you keep making beautiful pieces."

I heard her sigh, but I just kept going.

"This is what you have worked so far for Hallie.  That means that chances are going to happen like this, and you wanna know why?"

She smiled, "Why?"

"Because you just happen to be the most beautiful, talented, and confident artist in the whole world."

"Oh whatever."

"Hey don't get sassy with me," I heard her scoff, "I'm serious, you are. And God am I just lucky enough to be the one who gets to come home to you everyday, let alone marry you."

"Cameron, you're pushing it. It's definitely the other way around."

"Oh no, I promise you that you will never understand how lucky I am to even be by your side through all of this."

I watched her smile return as I kept talking, "I love you Hallie, and I'm extremely proud of you."

"Thank you, I love you too."

It was at the end of the showcase, and I had pulled Hallie aside to give her a little talk, because I knew she was flipping out about the Brooks guy.  Speaking of which, the man had stayed for the whole thing and I had been keeping my eyes on him, occasionally.  He had taken a few laps around the studio to view the other pieces, but he always seemed to go back to Hallie's work. 

I was speechless, by the way, when I finally got to see Hal's piece.  She really had done an amazing job and Charles was right when he said 'it's you'.  The painting spoke wonders about Hallies life, but I knew she would never admit that.  I heard her tell the man it really was supposed to be a relatable piece to everyone, but I knew deep down it meant more to her that she put on. I never said anything else about it though, not wanting to ruin her moment with Mr. Brooks, or the fact that she just got paid fifteen k.

She grabbed my hand, getting my attention, and I looked up from my trance only to see the older man coming our way once again.

"Ms. Parker, I just wanted to thank you one more time."

I felt Hallie squeeze my hand, "I should be thanking you."

He gave her a smile and then met my eyes, "And you must be?"

"I'm sorry, this is my fiancé, Rafe Cameron." The blonde girl spoke up, taking the words right out of my mouth.