eight

Hallie's POV:

I couldn't deny that I had a great time with Kie and the others, but it definitely shocked me to see JJ so close to me when I got off the boat the other day.  I know I said I didn't mind the harmless flirting, but I mean, he was a little too close for my liking.

As I say in front of my canvas, I decided that if we continued to hang out, I'll have to say something if the blonde kept it up.  Only because, I really only had one boy filling my thoughts right now, and I didn't want to lead JJ on.

Speaking of Rafe, I hadn't heard from him since that night he called me.

Maybe I should text him?

Ugh, I can't do this. He probably doesn't even like me and here I am somewhat driving myself crazy over him.

I don't know, I mean he literally did call me and offered to give me company the other night.  Even mom said that if he let me put something permanent on his body, there's obviously gotta be something there.  Right?

I honestly didn't even know what I was thinking when I pressed his contact in my phone at that point.  He was probably busy, and I'm sure I was the last person he wanted to see, but I did it anyways.

He picked up almost instantly, which shocked me so much that I literally felt my voice get hitched in my throat.

"Hey Hallie."

"Rafe... hey."

What the fuck am I doing?

"You okay?"

"Yeah!" I sighed, "I'm sorry. If i'm being honest, I wasn't expecting you to answer."

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know, just haven't heard from you. I was worried."

"Oh, well, yeah. I'm okay."

This was about to be forward, but I didn't know what to do.  I figured if he wanted to hang out then maybe he would ask me, but I had a feeling maybe he didn't know if I even wanted to be around him.

"Do you want to come over?"

The line went silent and I almost threw up with anxiety.

"Of course."

I exhaled, not even realizing I was holding my breath, "Okay. The front door is unlocked, just come upstairs."

"Okay, I'll see you in a few."

I pressed end and immediately stood up from my stool, doing some sort of happy dance with Sadie.  Thankfully, my room was not in a horrible state right now, so I quickly just threw my dirty clothes into a hamper and checked myself in the mirror, making sure I didn't look like an animal.

I had started painting earlier, and still planned on doing so, unless Rafe had other ideas of course, but I had on my painting button-up which was tucked inside a pair of linen shorts.  Therefore, I didn't look amazing right now, especially since I had my glasses on instead of the usual contacts, but it was okay.  I only liked wearing this outfit when I was in room, and I think Rafe could get over that, hopefully.