Chapter Twenty-Five

Archer's POV:

"Hurry up before Philly gets home!" Lacey said demanding. "Quit yelling at me and maybe I will." She groaned, "It's a lightbulb! How hard is it to get out!" I chuckled, "Not really hard. I just like seeing you suffer holding the ladder." She gasped, "You jerk!" I laughed slightly and got down from the ladder. "There, better now?" She nodded. I place the lightbulb in one of the small boxes. "Do we have everything packed up?" Lacey asked, "I think that's everything." We looked around Muffin's room. Everything is inboxes. "Help me get these in the car?" She smiled, "Sure!" "Help me pick up this big one." I picked up one side of it with ease, and watched her struggle, then pick it up. We got outside with the box, then Lacey's phone rang, she hesitantly answered, as we brought the box to the car. W-What's up?" she said out of breath, It was on speaker "Have you seen Archer?" Muffin asked. They looked at me hesitant "U-Uh! No! Why do you ask?!" They paused "I just wanted to know if you've seen him, why do you sound so guilty..." "Guilty? Why would I be guilty! I'm not a guilty person!" Lacey said. I stared at her setting one side of the box down. "Lacey. What are you hiding from me." She didn't say anything considering she was struggling, "N-Nothing...Don't worry about it..." "What do you mean don't worry about it? Lacey, you are legit hiding something from me! I can hear it in your voice! Quit lying to me!" "I-I'm not I-" I interrupted her, "Are we doing this or not, Lacey?" "I-I'll be there in a minute, raven." She whispered something to the phone and hung up. "How many times have I told you not to call me Raven." She laughed slightly, "A lot of times. I'm still going to do it though!" I sighed, "Pick up the box." I said picking up my end. We finally set it in the car. "We did it!" Lacey reached out for a high five, which I returned. "Now for the other boxes!" I said with a smirk. She gasped, "Fuck..." I laughed making my way back to the house. 

Lottie's POV:

I watched Dad's partner for a while, It was kinda funny to see them panicked. "H-Hey Lottie?" They asked, "Hm?" I responded. "Can you tell me more about your mom...I-If you don't mind...I just kinda want to know why they split..." I groaned,
"Why?" They looked at me nervous, "I just...don't want to make the same mistake..." I sighed. "Sure. Just don't tell dad I told you. It's a touchy subject." They nodded. All aboard the train of depression. Ha...That should be a movie.