𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦

[ any reader ]

Your fingers gently clutch the woven bag filled with a few of your belongings you'd left behind, too caught up in your own mind to bother collecting them until now. The witches offer wearily kind smiles when you slip your arm through the straps to rest it over your shoulder.

"Oh." Your hand dips into your pocket. "She left this. I only found it this morning. It's her favourite necklace, I'm kind of surprised she's parted with it for this long."

"I'll give it to her." Bela softy takes it from your fingers. Tufts of silver pass your lips when you exhale into the cool air, glimpsing the castle in the distance behind them.

"How is she?" You know the answer could only add to your pain no matter which way it goes, but you can't help yourself. Maybe it'll bring you some kind of peace to know. She was your other half after all.

"She's... She's doing okay." Bela almost winces at the thought of telling you the whole story, but you catch the glint in her eyes.

"She found somebody else, didn't she?" They bow their heads. "You can tell me. I won't break into a million pieces just by hearing a yes. I'm not quite as fragile as I seem." The youngest tilts her head briefly to answer your question. "Is she happy at least?"

"We don't see much of her these days but she appears that way." Bela nods.

"That's good. As long as she's happy. That's all I care about...truthfully, it's all I ever cared about."

"Because you're a good person." Daniela inputs.

"I try to be."

"You don't have to try. You were good for her. You made her so happy, more happy than Ember could ever make her."

"Danielaー"

"No, Bela! [Y/n] was good for her. I know it, you know it." Bela sighs. "The only person who doesn't see it is Cassandra because she works based on impulse. She didn't want to replace you, she's just foolish. She doesn't know what's best for her. She never realises she has a good thing until she loses it."

Your shoulders rise and fall in one smooth motion. "She's happy now."

"We don't know that for certain."

"You would know otherwise."

"What about me? I'm not happy. I miss you! When you were together you lived with us in the castle. You joined us on hunts even though you couldn't keep up with us. You helped us learn the difference between good guys and bad humans, told us who deserves to be eaten and who doesn't. You were the only person I had outside of my family. You were my only friend."

"I'm still your friend, Daniela."

"Not anymore. It's different now. I'm in the middle. You don't want to be around each other. You can't see her without feeling sad, she can't see you without going quiet and acting strange. I feel guilty for just talking to you. It's like I'm breaking a rule because you were with my sister."

"That's not what we said." Bela reasons. "There are no rules, you know Cassandra doesn't mind us being friends with [Y/n]. It's not like they ended on bad terms."