𝘟𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙚 𝙍𝙚𝙙𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙙 - 𝘱𝘊𝘳𝘎𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭

[ female reader ]

When it comes to physical tasks or strenuous, difficult missions, Chris is the man. If you need a leader; someone to follow and learn from, he's the one. If you need someone to tell you the cold, hard truth, you guessed it, you go Chris Redfield.

He is a man of patience. Austere, careful. Attentive all of the time, as well as guarded. He takes things one calculated step at a time, always measuring his next move with caution, and preparing a backup plan in case the first one falls through.

Except when it comes down to his feelings and relationships, he's completely and utterly clueless. You know this because you've had a crush on him for as long as you can remember, but chose not to tell him for a number of reasons.

One of your close friends, Emily, connected the dots on her own. Between you constantly staring and in the beginning, unintentionally flirting with him, it wasn't difficult for her to catch on.

But Chris being the brick wall that he is most of the time, still has no idea.

You and him are good friends, you might even say best friends. From the moment you were recruited, you clicked with the squad and you became close with their captain.

You trust each other with your lives which works incredibly well during missions, and you can basically tell each other anything without fear of judgement. Sometimes you find yourself reflecting on your past, wondering how you got through most days without him by your side.

In spite of your bond, he still tends to be distant, and on his bad days, he'll march around like a blank slate, bossing everyone around more than usual while ignoring you entirely.

It's a running theme to joke about the two of you, since the squad jokingly despises your friendship with him. No matter how moody he gets, he never seems to treat you as harshly as he does the others.

But at the end of the day, you're the one they call in to calm him down because it works every time without fail. It's tough at times, but he always caves around you.

It makes you feel special. While everyone else creates a distance between themselves and the irked man, you waltz right up to him with your bright smile, ready to get an earful before you work on grounding him again.

Sometimes you just want to blurt 'I love you' but you stop yourself every time. He can't find out. As much as you'd like him to pick up on your hints, you can't help but feel relieved because of how oblivious he is.

"When are you going to tell him that you're head over heels for him?" Emily queries for probably the millionth time.

"Never."

"Ugh, why?"

"Because I can't handle rejection, for one."

"Like he'd reject you. Have you seen the way he looks at you?"

"No? He looks at me?"

"Duh! He practically undresses you with his eyes when you get on his nerves. Most of the time he stares at you like you're his entire world. It's cute," she shrugs a shoulder and plucks a blade of grass.