𝙆𝙖𝙧𝙡 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥

[ any reader ]

"Will you just listen to me for one minute?" You raise your voice and luckily, Chris stops with a sigh. "We need him. He is the key-he can help us win this."

"This isn't a game. We're not in this to win."

"You know what I meant. Come on, Chris. Heisenberg is more powerful than any of us realise. He offered Ethan a deal but he foolishly declined, now look at him. He'll die out there on his own. I'm not even sure how he's made it this far."

"We're not working with that freak."

"We won't get very far without him."

Chris folds his arms, squinting at you as if he were reading you like an open book. Which he most likely is. "Is this personal?"

"Excuse me?"

"Sounds to me like this mission is getting a little too personal for you. You wouldn't happen to have feelings for him would you?"

"You have no right to question me like this."

"I have every right. You're in my squadron, you're under my rules. We do this on our own. We don't need or ask for outside help. The only person Heisenberg looks out for is himself. He may keep his promise and help us defeat Miranda, but I can guarantee he'd betray us right after. He can't be trusted."

"You don't know him."

"And you do?"

"I know him better than you do. Listen, Ethan turned him down, but he gave me the exact same offer. I told him I'd think about it but he already knows my answer."

"Wait a minute, you spoke to him? Without my knowledge?" You bow your head when his gaze hardens on you. "Without my permission?"

You weren't supposed to admit that.

"My patience with you is so thin it's like paper. I've lost count of how many times you've disobeyed orders and gone behind my back thinking you know what's best. I know best because I'm your goddamn Alpha. Instead of coming to me with absurd ideas, go make yourself useful and help the team prepare for tomorrow."

Your jaw tenses once he turns his back and walks away. Sniffing, you clench your fists by your sides. You'll be damned if you obey him, you'll be damned if you don't. Either way you'll end up in trouble.

"Screw you, Redfield."

-

"Are you sure about this?" Dion's question has you audibly grunting as you climb into the chopper.

"For the last time, yes, I am sure about this."

"Chris approved?"

"Dion, stop acting like a baby. Where the hell is Charlie? Ronaldo, tell me Charlie is on his way. We need to leave now."

"I'm not sure where he is, sorry."

"Can we do this without him?" Dion turns in his seat. You scrunch your face, clearly deliberating.