𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 𝙭 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

[ any reader ]

"I will not tell you again, [Y/n] is mine!"

"You really think [Y/n] would want you?!" Karl barks a laugh with his entire chest. "You delusional, super-sized bitch."

"You think [Y/n] would want you?" Alcina echoes with as much venom in her tone. "Look at you. You're nothing but a child. Tiny. Pathetic."

"I'm pathetic? You're the one who made this into an argument like you always do!"

"Because you are under the impression that you can take what is mine!"

You sigh from your spot behind the door. Yet another dispute that is encouraging a headache to take over your mind. For the first time, and hopefully the last, you dislike the way your name rolls off of their tongues.

Laced with poison and spat at each other's scowling faces. Rubbing your temples and pinching the bridge of your nose, you push the door open. They fail to acknowledge your presence until you interrupt.

"Stop arguing."

"My, [Y/n], dear. I didn't realise you were listening."

"Pfft," Karl scoffs at the rapid change in tone. She throws a glare in his general direction but quickly replaces it with a smile once you stroll over.

"Listening? How could I not? I could be on the other side of the castle and I'd still hear you both arguing day and night. This isn't going to work if you can't get along. You can't even be near each other for longer than two seconds without wanting to rip each other's heads off."

Hearing the sadness in your words, the couple bow their heads, ashamed of themselves for letting their issues get out of hand.

"I apologise." Alcina speaks first.

"Sorry." Karl rasps.

You huff and fold your arms. "Do you both want me?" Their eyes shoot up from the polished floor.

"Of course." Alcina confirms and Karl nods his head for good measure.

"So you both want this? Then you'll have to make this work. I don't know how and I don't particularly care. I'm not going to choose between you. So if I cannot be with both of you in peace, without worrying over you possibly killing one another, then I won't hesitate to walk away."

Realising you're serious, they stand up straight and exchange glances. Of course that is the last thing they want. If showing one another a little kindness is what it will take to encourage you to stay, they will oblige without protest.

"I will agree to tolerate you." Alcina informs.

"I will also agree to tolerate you. For the sake of [Y/n], of course."

"Okay, now hug." They instantly stare at you with frozen eyes and you can't help but giggle. "Just kidding. I wouldn't make you do that." They let out relieved sighs. "But I want to see you shake on it. I want to know that you'll take this seriously."

Concealing a look of disgust, Alcina takes his hand and firmly shakes it. Both her and Karl thankful that they are wearing gloves. Actual physical contact might just drive a bigger wedge between them.

"Okay then," you give them a happy smile, "from today you will be nice to one another while I'm around. If I'm not nearby, you can hate each other as much as you wish."

"Sounds good to me." The hammer flies into Karl's hand and he rests it against his shoulder. Alcina hums in agreement.