𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙪 - 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶

[ any reader ]

To take your mind off things, you often come to the reservoir for some peace and quiet. Sometimes you gaze up at the sky while talking to yourself, though you like to believe there is someone out here who listens to your troubles.

Who actually listens to you talk nonsense, and pays attention when you ramble about the things you love. There's most likely no other soul out here with you, but the thought is comforting.

Like always, you hold up the flower that you plucked from the field on the way over. "I wish...I wish for a friend. I could really use one of those right now." You smile sadly, placing the flower into the water.

Little do you know, Moreau is hidden away, listening to your every word. He desperately wants to talk to you, but his insecurities keep him planted in the shadows. Not even Mother Miranda acknowledges him or feels any pride on his behalf, why would you want to be anywhere near him?

-

Late in the night, Moreau hears screams of terror from outside and hurries to take a look. He gasps, watching one of the men from the village drag you towards the water.

His fingers bruise your biceps and wrists as he tugs you over the wooden planks. A place where no other person dares to tread, leaving the two of you completely alone. Or so you thought.

"Please! let me go."

"I've done you enough favours," he grits. "It's about time you paid me back." He shoves you harshly and you land in a heap by his feet.

You barely have the chance to push yourself up when a monster dives out of the murky water, flying over the pathway and plunging the howling man beneath the surface along with it.

Your breaths quicken as you move to your knees, peering over the edge at the rippling water. You sit with your hands against the soaked wood, shoulders heaving as you weep softly.

You hear a splash and wipe your cheeks, searching your surroundings with blurry eyes.
"I heard your screams." Your head snaps to the side. "He won't bother you again."

"Wait." You push yourself up to your feet, noticing the figure halt in the darkness. "That was you?"

"It was."

"I think you just saved my life." You admit shyly. "Thank you, um..."

"Salvatore Moreau."

"Thank you, Salvatore. I'm-"

"I know who you are." Your brows furrow. "Sorry, that sounds bad-I can explain. You come here often to watch the stars and the sunset. You talk to the water. I listen. All of the time."

"So you pretty much know everything about me."

"Pretty much," he exhales a laugh.

"Will you sit with me? I'd like to get to know the one who just saved me. Unless you have somewhere to be."

"Even if I did, I'd make time for you." He murmurs to himself. "Okay, but don't be scared."

"Why would I be scared?" You watch him hesitantly step out of the shadows. He didn't expect you to smile. "At least I can put a name to a face."

He stands dumbstruck for a moment. You nod your head and take a seat with your legs over the edge of the bridge. He hesitantly strolls over and sits with you.

After a moment of peacefulness, he clears his throat and carefully removes something from his pocket. "I overheard you wishing for a friend."

You smile at the flower you left the night before. "Looks like my wish came true."