𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦

[ any reader ]

Watching the couple giggle and chase each other around the castle, your tongue pushes against the inside of your cheek. Narrowed eyes following the redhead as she disappears before Cassandra can grab her.

"She's so annoying."

Bela glances up from her sickle. "Yeah, I obsess and talk about people who annoy me all of the time too."

"I don't talk about her all of the time."

"Except you do." The blonde continues to sharpen the blade while you blankly stare. "Because you're lying to yourself."

"Excuse me?"

"You clearly have feelings."

"That's disgusting."

"You make it so obvious, [Y/n]. Just tell her. Unless you want me to do it for you because I am tired of watching you pretend. No one believes you."

"I don't have feelings."

"Who are you trying to fool other than yourself? You stare at her a lot. You daydream about her a lot. Your heart races whenever she's around. You say you hate her but I see through your lies." She points the end of the sickle at your sour face.

"No. No she hates me and I hate her."

"Sure you do."

"Are you going to play with us?" Cassandra huffs like a child.

"I have enough wins to last me a life time." Bela returns smugly. "[Y/n] however, would love to play."

"What?"

"Oh, come play!" Cassandra happily takes your hand. Daniela hides her smirk when you cast a glance in her direction.

"I hate you."

"Does that mean you have feelings for me too?" Bela murmurs back with a grin. You roll your eyes, folding your arms.

"What do you want to play?"

"I want to hunt."

"Of course you do. No peeking this time."

"Fine," Cassandra turns her back, beginning to count out loud.

"Have fun you two." Bela calls.

After some deliberation, you give up and step into the nearest empty closet you find. If it were a serious game you'd put more effort in, but for now, you just want this to be over with.

Standing to one side and resting your head against the thick wood, you hear Cassandra hollering from downstairs and pray this won't take long. She usually finds you pretty quickly.

One of the doors is pulled open and your head shoots up, a frown dawning on you since you didn't expect the game to be over this quickly.

"What the hell?" You whisper when Daniela closes the door behind her and gives you a grin. "What do you think you're do-" she covers your mouth as bugs fly past. Once she retracts it you glower up at her. "You're going to get us caught."

"Oh hush little one."

"That's it." You throw your hands up.

"Where are you going, doll?"

"To hide somewhere else. I'm not staying here with you."

"Now you're going to get us caught." She grabs your wrist before you can open the door.

"Let me go."

"Just stay still and stay quiet, would you?"

Jaw clenched, you fold your arms again and lean back against your side of the closet. If looks could kill she'd definitely be dead. Or you would, because look at her.

Despite the daggers leaving your narrowed eyes, she can't help but chuckle. "How much longer are you going to keep this up for?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This," her finger motions to your scowl. "You want me to believe that you hate me but I'm having a lot of trouble falling for it. Sorry, but you're not very good at acting."

"I'm not acting."

"Okay," she chuckles again.

"I'm not." You snap quietly. "Besides, you started it. You've hated me ever since we met."

"No I haven't." She giggles but silences herself when you continue to sigh. "You thought I hated you? [Y/n], I don't hate you."

Whoops.

"Whatever. I still hate you."

"No you don't," her tone softens. You swallow when she unfolds your arms and flattens your hands together. Instinctively you intertwine your fingers, earning a knowing smile and a raised brow.

"If you admit it, I'll give you everything you want." She whispers.

"You don't know what I want."

"No?" She brings your hands above your head, holding them in place with one of her own. The other cups your jaw, tracing a thumb over your bottom lip.

"No." You manage to mutter.

"You don't want me?" Her head tilts, lips ghosting yours. Unable to stop yourself, you lean up to capture them, feeling her smile against you. You try to tug her closer, whining faintly when your hands remain pinned above your head. You give a frown of disapproval when she pulls away.

"Still hate me?"

"Shut up."

She smirks and steps away as the doors are pulled open by a pleased Cassandra. "Not only do I win this round, I also win a bet with Mother."

"You made a bet with Mother?"

"She's going to be surprised when she hears about this."

"So will uncle Karl." Bela appears behind her, clearly basking in the glory of another victory. The look on her face has I told you so written all over it.

You step out and adjust your hair. "I hate all of you."

"I think by now we have all realised that what she really means by that is the complete opposite." Bela comments. Your loud grunt echoes through the corridors.