𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

[ female reader ]

Both men reload their guns and tuck them away, Ethan adjusting his jacket as footsteps bring his attention to the figure stepping out from the trees. Chris gives you a singular nod of his head.

"[Y/n] this is Ethan. Ethan, this is [Y/n]."

"Winters," you shake his hand, "I've heard a lot about you. You seem to be the talk of the town at the moment. Though I suppose I should say village on this occasion."

"We should get going. It'll take us a while just to get through this part of the woods." Chris informs.

"You'll be joining us?"

"Chris gave me a call," you rest your elbow on his shoulder, "admitted he needed an extra hand round here. You made the right decision asking me for help."

"Don't get cocky." Chris mumbles.

"I just want my daughter back."

"Don't worry. Rose right? I'll get her back, you have my word. This'll be a walk in the park." Ethan squints as you trek along the path ahead, using the moonlight as your guide between the trees and overgrown roots.

"Did she just say this is gonna be a walk in the park?"

"For her it will be." Chris pats his shoulder. Ethan swaying slightly from the weight.

You pause with a hand raised, both men following your lead and stopping in their tracks. Ethan studies you and Chris as you check your surroundings.

"Footprints." Your voice remains hushed. "Paw prints." You notice Ethan stiffen to your right.

In one smooth motion you retrieve the katana from its place against your back and swipe it before your face. The bullet drops in two halves by your boots. Chris draws his guns and ducks behind a tree for cover, firing at the figures moving in the shadows.

"Here!" Ethan tosses a flash bang.

Men stumble out with their eyes squeezed shut. Your back arches as you duck under an arm, the pocket knife inches from your face. You toss the blade into your other hand and swipe it across their torso, landing a kick to their chest.

Chris's hand wraps around a man's throat who he shoves back onto your blade. You retract it and kick him aside, yanking Ethan back by his coat. He blinks at the arrow lodged in the tree. You drive the katana into the man creeping up behind you, twirling it and resting it over your shoulder, a strand of hair being blown away from your face.

Ethan stands as if glued to the ground while Chris crouches to check the bodies. He hums knowingly. "Hunters." He tugs down the sleeve to reveal the ink on the inside of his wrist. You sigh. "Not the first time we've run into these guys."

Your ears perk. You slam your boot down and catch the combat knife, throwing it inches away from Chris's face. He merely cocks a brow at the thump behind him. You tilt your head to the side to view the rest of the trail that splits further ahead.

"We should head in this direction." You point with your katana. "Should take us through the village and hopefully we can gain Miranda's attention, if we haven't already."