𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 - 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳

[ female reader ]

"[Y/n], I do believe you are here to do your job, not stare into oblivion."

Shaking your head to snap out of your daze, you blush in embarrassment. "Apologies, Lady Dimitrescu, it won't happen again."

"You've been awfully distracted recently. Is there something on your mind? Or perhaps someone?"

"No. No it's nothing."

"Your heart's beating rather quickly. What could possibly have made you this flustered, I wonder."

Keeping your head inclined to avoid her gaze that will most definitely cause you to crack, you continue to clean the blood that had gotten splattered across the floor. You'd almost finished until the nine foot tall vampire gave you another reason to become distracted.

"Bela, dear." She calls and you instantly look up at the mention of her name. Alcina notices your lightning reaction and smirks to herself.

"Yes, Mother?" The blonde asks sweetly.

"How is your new pet coping?"

While Bela begins to ramble happily, you struggle to catch your breath from how close she's stood to you. Her soft voice sending your head into a daze. Struggling to focus on the task at hand, you press your lips together and wring the sponge.

All you truly want to do is admire her. To lose yourself in the warm golden pools of her eyes. To stare at that breathtaking smile of hers and listen to her forever.

But to avoid appearing creepy you keep your head low. Although you really could watch her for hours without getting bored.

"What do you say, [Y/n]?" The voice pulls you from your thoughts.

"I-I'm sorry, what were you saying?" You catch Bela shamelessly staring down at you with a hint of a smile and your brain completely malfunctions. It's scary how her presence alone, has the power to reduce you to such a nervous wreck.

"The feast tonight. I would like for you to attend and I would very much like for you to wear something special. Bela dear, why don't you take [Y/n] upstairs so she may try on some dresses."

"Oh, no that's not necessary-"

"Nonsense. You've worked tirelessly since the moment you began here, let this be my way of thanking you."

Bela holds out her hand and you anxiously dry yours on your apron before taking it. Even once you're standing, she refuses to let go. God knows you have no intention of doing it.

"This way." She smiles innocently and begins to guide you. Alcina arches a knowing brow, turning away with a sly grin.

After receiving a shake of Bela's head for the first two dresses, you step out in the third. You couldn't deny the fact that you love the way it hugs your curves. Surprisingly, it instils enough confidence within you to twirl on your way out.

Bela turns away from the frosted window, letting her golden eyes sweep over your figure. You adjust your hair slightly, awaiting a response since her word is final.

"This one."

"I'm glad you like it, I think this is my favourite." You peer down at yourself. "Will your mother approve?"

"I don't see why she wouldn't. I don't see why anyone wouldn't." Her gaze follows you as you cross the dim room to stand before the mirror. You run your hands over the luxurious fabrics, using the flickering candles to guide your movements.

"I'm no fool, you know."

"What?" Your head shoots up and you spin around a little quicker than intended, worried you'd somehow insulted her without realising. She chuckles softly and shakes her head when you almost trip over.

"I can hear your heart. It's always racing whenever I'm around. I'm certain it's only me who seems to have an effect on you because my sisters would have mentioned something by now."

"No it's..."

"Am I wrong?" She steps closer. "Because I can hear it right now, pounding in your chest. It's okay, don't be shy." Your mouth falls open when she cups your cheek, testing the waters by tracing her thumb over your skin.

"I..."

"Say it." Trapped under her gaze, you feel yourself melt like ice cream on a scorching summers day. "I want to hear you say it."

"Bela, I..." she raises her chin a little, listening intently. "I li-"

Before you can finish, her hand curls around the back of your neck to pull you closer, desperate to feel your lips against hers. At first you hesitate, but when she firmly grips your hip to hold you close, you relax into her tall figure. You've never felt so safe before.

She smirks against you once your dainty hand travels to the side of her neck. Tentatively, you squeeze lightly, shocked to hear her faint moan. When she breaks away it draws a small whine from you.

"Is this what you've been thinking about while staring at me?" Your eyes freeze. "Mm, I knew. You thought you could get away with staring at me like that? You thought I wouldn't notice?"

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologise, little one. You've been on my mind too, although my thoughts are a little less innocent than yours."

"You don't know that..."

Her brow arches. "Shy on the outside, not so much on the inside. I like it."

"I should get back to work-"

Her hand around your wrist pulls your chest against her front. "Your work can wait, I'm hungry, and I really wanna see what you're hiding under this dress."