𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪 𝙭 𝙃𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙜 - 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳

[ female reader ]

"Why don't we get straight to the point, we all know who the human will go to." You obnoxiously smile. "Obviously, it's going to be me. I am the obvious choice here, after all."

"Why are you the obvious choice?" Karl questions. "I'm better. In fact I am the best."

"Even if you believe that nonsense, the main concern here is not who is better."

"Except it is. You can get the next one. I'll give you the leftovers, you can do with them as you please."

"I'm not listening to this." You put your hand in front of his face. "Al," you smile and the vampire cocks a brow, "come now, you know me better than anyone. Give the human to me and I will put on a show we can all enjoy."

"Give the human to me and I'll put on an even better show." Karl adds with his signature smirk.

Eyes narrowed, you grab the nearby chair and climb up onto it. Not quite eye-level with her but it'll do for now. At least you're not on Karl's level.

"I'm going to be honest with you, I've always looked up to you, Alcina. You were always my favourite of the four Lords. I mean look at you. It's a dream of mine to become the fifth but when I look at you I'm reminded of what I would be up against. I couldn't live up to you. You're magnificent. So breathtaking and talented. Intimidatingly gorgeous. Just... Wow."

Your smile gradually fades when a chair scrapes across the floor, and you turn to watch Karl climb up beside you. A smug look on his face now that he matches your height again.

"[Y/n] is sucking up to you because that's the only thing she's good at. I wouldn't just put on a show for the aesthetics, I challenge my subjects. I put them to the test to see how much fight they have in them. Don't you want to see how far this one is willing to go?"

Pursing your lips, you shove Karl off the chair. "As I was saying," you shake your head to guide your hair over your shoulders. "I think it would be beneficial for all of us if you were to hand the human over to me. Unlike some, I'm willing to share."

Karl grumbles and adjusts his coat while you continue.

"We both know I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, and I'm more than capable of handling such a huge responsibility. Unlike Heisenberg, who is a child, as you have said many times before."

Karl catches his sister tilting her head in agreement and clenches his fists. Still, you continue to talk until the chair is tugged from underneath your feet and you plummet to the floor with a thud. Sitting up and rubbing your elbow, you glare up at the man who folds his arms with a grin.

"Oh, she looks more than capable of handling the mortal."

"You little-"

"As entertaining as this was, my mind was made up long before you both took the time to travel all this way." You both lower your fists. "I have decided to give the human to my daughters."

The trio enter the room with wide smiles. Cassandra takes the man's hand, tugging him closer with a giggle. Daniela takes a deep breath, winking at the terrified statue while Bela licks her lips.

"Wait." You frown and Karl folds his arms again, scoffing quietly.

"Apologies, my dears, but my daughters asked so kindly. Next time I will make it fair, you have my word. Come now girls. Take your new pet to the cells."

"Gladly." Cassandra hums.

Karl leans closer and whispers, "you know, if we worked together we could totally overthrow her."

Your brows quirk at the idea.

"Not in a million years," Alcina whispers in your other ear. You huff when she pats both of your heads and leaves the room.