𝘜𝙚𝙡𝙖 𝘿𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙘𝙪 - 𝘵𝘩𝘊 𝘥𝘊𝘢𝘭

[ any reader ]

"Why are we stopping?"

"Because you need to rest and I need to scope the place so I can get us inside safely." You answer.

"Alright." Ethan nods and lowers to one knee, rummaging through his backpack. Your other close friend, Otis, takes a seat on a random log and stretches his arms with a soft groan. He watches you carry on up the steep hill through the corner of his eyes.

Your hand hovers over one of your guns as you check the perimeter of the castle, soon coming to a stop outside of a window. It should be simple to slip in through here. Just as you begin to head back you notice a figure float into the room and twirl around, a soft giggle dancing through the dimly lit space.

Blonde hair tumbles past her shoulders, the hood being adjusted to reveal beautiful golden eyes. She studies her appearance in one of the mirrors, dress being toyed with, leather-clad thumb travelling along her bottom lip. You struggle to tear your gaze away.

She squints and turns to face the window, your reflexes kicking in as you duck down and press your back against the wall. With a purse of her lips she disappears. You sigh heavily and push away from the wall, returning to your friends.

"You good?" Otis asks.

You hum in affirmation. "I'll wake you up in a couple hours."

"Sounds good."

You slip through the window last, closing it quietly and making your way to the door, glancing left and right into the empty corridor lit by candles.

"Alright," you whisper, "I'm gonna head this way, you two stick together and go that way. I'll loop around and find you. I've studied this place so I know it like the back of my hand."

They nod and make their way in the opposite direction to you. Before rounding each corner you hold back and peer around the wall, paying attention to the faintest of sounds occurring from above and below.

A hand slips around your wrist to pull you into an empty room, your back meeting the wall. Your poker-face remains even with the tall figure towering above you. The familiar blonde locks a telltale sign on who currently has a hold on you.

"You came back." She murmurs sweetly. "Couldn't get enough of me, huh? I guess watching me just didn't satisfy you enough."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do. You were watching me through the window, I saw you. Could hear your heart racing. Kind of like it is now. What's gotten you so flustered, pet?"

"I'm here for your mother, not you."

"They always are." She takes a step back and releases her gentle hold on your wrist. "They never seem to get past me though."

"There's a first time for everything."

Her brow arches. "Well, my mother is upstairs. Take your time. It'd be a shame to have to say goodbye to such a pretty face so soon." She vanishes with a giggle. The melody softer in person now that there's no window standing between you to muffle the sound.