Roadtrip Pt.4

The boys stopped at a waffle house just a tad off course.

It took just under 30 minutes to get situated with food, and once they got their food they were all chatterboxes. They sat a table made for eight, leaving one seat open, that Alex would occasionally hop into to avoid Rowan's attempts to punch him, all lighthearted (mostly).

"Hey Gray," Ben asked, "How long did you drive for yesterday-err, today?"

Gray paused, "Well, from 11:45 yesterday night to 6:30ish this morning."

"Damn, I apologize."

"You're fine, I volunteered." Gray smiled a secret, shooting a glance at Gerard.

The rest of breakfast flew by. And soon the boys found themselves on the road again.

Gray sat in the back row on the left side, Alex in the middle, Eugene on the right.

Gerard was in the passenger seat with Teddy right behind him, the two obviously chose their seats like that on purpose.

Ben drove and Rowan sat in the seat behind him.

All the males, besides Gray and Eugene, started to go on and on about a basketball game that had happened just the other day. It was, in short terms, rather annoying. 

Gray rolled his eyes and leaned his head on Alex's shoulder as he opened his phone to play Tetris. It took 20 minutes for Alex to notice, and only then because he was going to lean over and ask Gray a question, only to find the boy closer than he thought.

Alex sat there for a moment, he had absolutely no idea what to do now, how to go on living and functioning, if he could live on and function. Tenderly, he moved his left arm just enough to comfortably put it around Gray. When Gray didn't protest he pulled the boy a bit closer and then decided to listen back into the conversation to see what part of the game the others were talking about now.

Nobody had seemed to notice what had happened. Nobody else looked to the back seat honestly, it was Ben and Gerard leading the conversation after all. Everyone looked to the front seat.

Gray's jacket sleeve was comfortable in Alex's hand, Only this once, you'll never see him this tired again. Cherish the moment. He gently rubbed Gray's arm. Once again, the boy didn't seem to mind. Was Alex making up the fact that Gray leaned into his touch?

Alex opened his phone to check something, it had buzzed, maybe it was a text. Soon, the car went quiet, there was nothing except for the light sound of music. It was just a game that had sent him a notification, he quickly swiped it across the screen and stuck his phone back into his pocket. 

Alex picked his eyes up from his pocket only to see a couple pairs of eyes looking back at him, or maybe they were looking at Gray. They didn't have to ask for him to get the question. To which he responded with a shrug. 

He looked down at Gray's phone, he had been playing the same Tetris game for a while now. The pieces flew down faster than Alex could process them, and each was perfectly placed to avoid gaps. For a moment he had forgotten how logical and intelligent the boy was, honestly he was just focusing on Gray's momentary clingyness, but his skill at Tetris was honestly just impressive. 

The car was still quiet for a bit, Alex's phone buzzed again, a message this time.

TEDDY:?

ALEX: *shrug*

TEDDY: That's not an answer

ALEX: Idk I think he's just tired man

Teddy started typing again but was interrupted when Rowan threw a pillow at him.

"What was that for?" He asked, throwing it back at him.

"It was too peaceful in here honestly."

A steady fire of pillows were shot across the car, Teddy would throw one, Rowan would throw two, Teddy would throw two, Rowan would throw one. Ben would protest. 

Ben and Gerard exchanged a few curt words and then the car pulled over. The boys didn't seem to notice as they continued to throw things and threaten/joke about each other.

Both front seat doors opened as Ben and Gerard changed seats. After a moment the car continued on it's way, only four more hours to go. They could've gone to any beach, but the one they were going to had the prettiest powder-white beaches. It would be worth the drive, a pillow thuds against the window, hopefully 

Rowan throws a pillow and mid-air it is snatched by Ben. 

Rowan and Teddy exchange a look. The only word that comes to mind is "Uh-oh"

...

..

.

The boys are back to chatting, not throwing things. Who knew Ben could throw pillows so hard? 

Rowan and Teddy still loudly shot insulted at each other, ranging in intensity from "You suck" to "This is why you like Gerard."

When Teddy denied it, Gray giggled. 

The boys in the front and middle section of the car probably couldn't hear it, it was rather quiet of a sound, but Alex could. It was a soft and cute enough sound to make his heart melt. Nearly everyone had this reaction, right? Who'd of thought, Gray Yeon who could murder you with nothing more than a pencil, giggled like a middle school girl.

It was odd how often they could hear his laugh, and yet every time it seems they forget how adorable it is.

He liked sitting next to Gray like this, even though Ben had texted him multiple times making fun of him. 

"Oh my god, we've been in this car for soooooo long." Teddy complained.

"And were gonna be in it for soooooo much longer." Rowan mocked him and smirked.

"Really?" Ben asked from the front, "I don't think that's true."

The boys looked out the windows as Ben pulled out to the front, ranger, cabin area to get their spot number.

He held up the brightly colored piece of paper, "Are you guys ready?"

...

..

.

So we're going to have to end here today guys. Sorry kekw. Posting this chapter took so long. Idk why. Anyway if all goes as planned I'll post Thursday, probably on this story, if not then I'll post on my other one, depends how I feel later.

Anyway, have a wonderful whenever friends, stay safe, and I hope you guys that are in school make good grades and do well on your tests. Good bye!!