A Call Pt 4

Gray sat on the bus next to Stephen, still blushing and flustered. Not because of what Stephen did, but because of how he reacted. He could still feel it, he thought gently placing his finger tips to his lips.

Thirty minutes ago:

Stephen gently kissed Gray on the head, pushing back the urge to kiss him normally since he was unsure of how he would respond. He loved Gray, but also valued his friendship more than anything else in the world. He wouldn't want to endanger the special bond he had with him over some "silly" feelings.

Of course, he had forgotten who he had fallen in love with.

As soon as Stephen pulled away, and was about to say something stupid like "I'm sorry." or "I understand if you don't feel the same."
But before he had a chance to regret anything, Gray grabbed Stephen's shirt and pulled him close. Then he kissed him properly and slowly released his grip on Stephen's shirt.

Stephen just sat there in plain shock for a good couple of seconds, before kissing back and gently wrapping his arms around Gray's thin torso. Stephen was warm, and warmed Gray entirely as his body closed the gap between the two. His arms held Gray ever so carefully, and his lips were soft on Gray's.

Back in middle school, when the boys had been teased about dating, they tried hard to hide the fact that they didn't care that people thought they were together from each other. However, they worried that the other didn't feel the same, so unwilling to risk their friendship, they tried hard to match the other's reaction.
"If Stephen minds then I guess I mind" or "If it bothers Gray then it bothers me."
Both of them were so worried about what the other would think that they completely overlooked both of their feelings.

After a moment, both boys pulled away, wildly blushing. 

"Umm... I don't know what to say." Stephen said after a few seconds of awkward silence, his face still incredibly red.

Gray smirked and leaned close and whispered to Stephen "Je le fais. je t'aime Stephen Ahn." 

This only caused Stephen to flush even more. It was as if Gray specifically chose words he knew would hit Stephen in the feels. However, it wasn't like Stephen didn't have those skills as well.

"Je t'aime aussi mon amour." He replied with a smirk as well. Then decided that Gray deserved to be hugged, so he embraced him, holding him tight and firm, yet gently and tenderly. Gray's head found its way buried Stephen's shoulder.

"Mmmmmm" Gray hummed into Stephen's neck. 

"Take me to your house?"

"Mmm, we'll have to catch the bus."

"Guess we should head that way then."

"Probably..."

Present time:

Gray was silently dying, quietly enjoying the darkness. Since in the dark, it would be impossible to see how flustered Gray was. He also couldn't be more happy that the bus was empty, as the residential area for flats, was the last stop of the night.

Ah, but Stephen didn't need light to smile at Gray's sweetness and blush. Gray's hands were in his jacket pockets. Oh but, that wouldn't do. All Stephen had thought about for three months was what he would do when he saw Gray again; what they would do; what he would say. And this silence was not part of the plan.

The boys were sitting side by side, so Stephen could easily wrap one of his arms around Gray's shoulder. Instead of reacting as Stephen expected, Gray snuggled his small frame closer to Stephen's.

The bus's soft blue lights that lined over the top of the seats, gently illuminated the pair. Gray nuzzled himself even closer to Stephen, if that was possible.

"Mmm," Stephen began "Aren't you just the most affection little thing?" he finished by rubbing Gray's arm up and down with the hand he had thrown around Gray. Then he pulled him close and kissed him on the head again. Continuing to hold him close. 

"Stephen?" Gray asked softly.

"Yes?"

"Can I love you?"

"What?"

Gray took a breath, and then met Stephen's eyes. "Can I love you? Is that okay? Do I deserve to be able to love someone as sweet, compassionate, and lovely as you? I don't want to drag you down, I'm drowning in an ocean and there's weights tied to my ankles. And I'm scared I'm going to bring you down with m-" Gray was interrupted by Stephen.

"Gray, I love you more than life itself. If your drowning due to weights, I'll bring you a tool to cut the chains. Look at me," he said and placed his hand under Gray's chin, gently causing Gray to look at him. "Don't be scared because no matter what I will never let you drown."

Tears steaked down Gray's cheeks as he buried his face in Stephen's chest, gripping his shirt tightly. Stephen lifted Gray and  had him sit in his lap, while holding him close. He wanted Gray to feel as safe as he could, because as long as he was there Gray would be safe.

Because he loved Stephen loved Gray, and Gray loved Stephen. And nothing and nobody could change that. Fin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent, a couple days thinking about how this would end and well, umm... I cried a little but that's fine this is my favorite story that I've wrote so far and I genuinely loved the conclusion. But enough about the pride that I have in my work. Thank you so much for reading and have a wonderful whatever. Love you all, goodnight.

Btw, I am going to start another fic sometime soon that will be an AU GrayxStephen. That's all.