RoadTrip Pt.1

Requested by @LettucePan 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person POV: 

Ben had bothered everyone in the gang for a month now. Begging them to go camping with him. Eventually he had gotten everyone but Gray to agree.

"C'mon please!!" He whined.

Gray looked up from his noted, "No."

"Why not???"

Gray's eyes were bored, "Number one, me and the sun are not friends, I'm far too pale. Second of all, I like to have personal space and not sleep on the ground or a confined space. Third, I don't want to go to anywhere really."

Everyone else had already come to terms with the fact that Gray wasn't going to join them. It was awfully hard to convince the smaller to do anything he didn't want to do. 

Ben however, said that it needed to be the whole gang, everyone, and that he wasn't going to leave Gray out.

Ben's eyes were sad, "But please..."

Gray looked back at his notes.

"We have sunscreen, and the tent will surely be large enough, and you can just chill with us wherever because it's not about the destination, it's about the journey."

Gray didn't respond.

"And, we all really want you to be there and hang out with us because you're our friend and we value you."

Gray sighed.

...

...

...

As the last of the bags were loaded into the minivan, and everyone got in the car, Ben smiled. He was quite happy to be here with his friends.

The minivan had exactly seven seats, just enough for everybody. 

Ben would drive, Gray would sit in the passenger, Teddy and Eugene would sit in the two seats in the second row, and Rowan, Alex, and Gerard would sit in the three seats in the back. Ben and Gerard agreed to take turns driving, since it would take all nearly a day and a half to get where they were going, which was the beach of course.

This particular beach had a private section where, if you were staying in the national park, then you could go at any time. 

There were designated camping sites where you could put up tents or pull up an RV in the park. You could also drive your car up into the site and sleep in there if you so desired. Their site would be a quarter-of-a-mile walk to the bathrooms, which also had showers, and a half-a-mile walk to the beach. Their site also had a in-ground pit for grilling and a picnic table as well.

It was relatively inexpensive to stay there, and with access to a private beach and a nice place to sleep and shower, it was all worth it.

Ben got in the car and snapped his seat belt in place, "Y'all ready to go?"

The replies he recived consisted of "Yea", "Yes", and "Mm-hmm".

And with that they drove off, excited for their trip and ready to make memories.

"Ummm... where's Rowan?" Teddy asked.

Everyone was silent.

"He went to the bathroom..." Eugene said tentatively. 

The realization hit everyone at once. Ben made a quick U turn and started back to his house where they had all met to leave. Gray sighed.

...